- Delft, Netherlands
The world is changing and so is the IKEA business. Nevertheless, one thing remains forever the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
In this role, we look for people with extensive experience in the field of communications including leading business topics and processes needed to drive effective communications, having worked with and developed strategic business and internal communication. We see that strong values-based leadership, including seniority in leading people, teams and/or matrixes and topic areas in complex and changing environments is a needed foundation.
We offer a unique opportunity to develop a holistic view of the IKEA business. When you grow, IKEA grows too. Do you want to make a difference?
About the position
We believe a better home creates a better everyday life. To fulfil this, we are committed to building a better IKEA through our offer and how it comes to life. That is why we want to put the many people at the heart of everything we do, to help them feel right at home.
Business Support, as a part of the franchisor organisation, has the responsibility to enable, deliver and contribute to impactful business results across Core Business Franchise. Our assignment is:
- To lead the Core Business Franchise contribution to the IKEA Business Plan;
- To provide business performance management and follow up, including making business insights available to the IKEA franchise system;
- To support Core Business Franchise with business navigation, financial, legal, risk, procurement and office operations related competences and solutions.
We are looking for a candidate that wants to be a key player in empowering and the franchisor organisation in succeeding in its ambitions. We look for a person that is highly skilled in communication, with an understanding and experience of corporate activities and initiatives in the areas of business planning, business performance, process management, legal affairs, governance, finance, business and financial solutions, risk and compliance and see opportunities in discovering the unknown. A person that enjoys to create simplicity out of complexity.
We offer a friendly and inspiring working environment, challenging yet rewarding work with opportunities to grow, learn and develop.
This role sits in the leadership area of Business Support which consists of a knowledgeable department of specialists and generalists. This, together with working across the totality of Core Business Franchise, provides a great learning platform for you.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience from working in a similar role, being a true connector and relationship builder.
- Experience leading business, crisis, change and internal communication in an international environment.
- Experience working in retail global organisations, large scale companies or recent IKEA experience in retail or value chain.
- Recent experience working in leadership roles – either as business partner to leadership teams or leading communication teams and topic areas in complex and changing organisations.
- Experience working with and education on change management models.
- Experience working with communication and business planning.
- Extensive experience leading business topics and processes needed to drive effective communications.
As a Communication Leader, you will:
- Lead and work closely together with peers across the totality of Core Business Franchise and across IKEA to strengthen and contribute to a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer.
- Define and lead common communication initiatives that support the Core Business Franchise common business agenda, including development of the IKEA franchise offer, action plan, business plan focus weeks, etc.
- First point of contact from the perspective of Business Support Leadership Area, on planning and leading communication initiatives. Work assignment based, first point of contact for a leadership area as well as leading and planning prioritized business topics.
- Contribute to the common Core Business Franchise communication plan based on business, leadership area, functional perspective (ex HR/sustainability/) providing input to the communication planning and resource allocation.
- Strategic, tactical and operational communication partner to the business, securing that we deliver to our common business priorities.
- Responsible to share good examples and use all available physical/digital channels.
- Enable an aligned, good and timely reactive and proactive communication towards internal and external stakeholders.
- Secure that direction and content of communication is created and produced according to IKEA values and IKEA tone of voice.
- Coach and support leaders to lead through communication; this includes support with planning, developing and delivering communication in the most effective, engaging, inspiring and relevant way.
- Contribute to increase the knowledge of communication across Core Business Franchise and how it contributes to create business impact.
- Provide quality and speed when being challenged in crisis situations, coordinating across core business/IIG and lead communication flow within IKEA franchisor.
- Support the CFO in delivering messages to board meetings, councils, MT's and other forums.
- Build processes for the exchange of knowledge and information within the community.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and communication across functions and organisations, building relationships and engaging in relevant networks within and outside IKEA.
- Being an active member of the Business Support Management Team and thinking along with, among other things, competence in the field of communication and change management.
You are the person that is curious by nature. You are used to building a network, connecting people who have similar needs or who complement each other. You enjoy establishing relationships and don’t shy away from the content. You have a high interest and experience in topics about corporate activities and initiatives in the areas of corporate activities and initiatives in the areas of business planning, business performance, process description, legal affairs, governance, finance, business and financial solutions, risk and compliance and see opportunities in discovering the unknown. You are accustomed to working with people with different backgrounds, appreciating diversity. If you recognize yourself in this description and are passionate about the assignment of Core Business Franchise and bringing people together around the topics in the assignment of Business Support, then we could be a good match.
We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Ability to lead in an agile way, inspiring, engaging and co-creating with others, enabling forward-looking, continuous development.
- Proven track record in delivering results through others.
- Ability to express a clear vision, create engagement and drive impactful communication initiatives.
- Creative leadership with the ability to make complex tasks and processes understood and actionable.
- Strategic and analytical skills for turning intelligence and insights into tangible actions.
- Capability to build trustful networks and sustainable relationships with stakeholders, business partners and IKEA franchisees.
- Multidisciplinary skills with the ability to work and lead across topics.
- Excellence in working with IKEA tone of voice.
- Passionate for communication and a deep interest in all of our co-workers across cultures and demographics.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, global, multicultural and changing environment.
- A genuine interest in building relationships, partnerships and networks.
- Energy to coach and mentor others to develop in their assignment.
- Passion for exploration, constant improvement and driven to create effectiveness in resource utilization.
In this role, you will report directly to the CFO. That said, it’s critical to work cross-functionally with other colleagues, stakeholders in Core Business Franchise and other organisations.
This a position for 32 to 40h week. This position is based in Delft, the Netherlands.
8 March 2021 is the closing date to apply for this role. There is a possibility that we close this position before the closing date if we have enough well qualified candidates. Please send your application – CV and motivation letter – in English and tell us why you would be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!