Innovation Partnership Leader
- Älmhult, Sweden
We are looking for an Innovation Partnership Leader to join our Ventures team within the Innovation organisation at IKEA of Sweden. Innovation and entrepreneurship need to be our key driving forces also in developing IKEA for the future – to be relevant and able to create a better everyday life for the many in the decades to come. The newly established Ventures set-up enables us to engage with different external companies to run programs to accelerate or incubate innovation initiatives as well as make investments in ideas/start-ups in areas relevant for IKEA, or that go beyond the current IKEA business. This is an opportunity to support and develop IKEA and solve problems that will disrupt and revolutionise our business in a positive way for IKEA and make life better for the many people. You will be joining a highly motivated team in Ventures which has expertise capabilities and competences in developing collaborations and partnerships, negotiations, exploration and ideation and working with diverse communities.
If you are motivated to be leading the work to find partners to work with us in creating revolutionary and disruptive innovations that will shape the future life at home then this may just be the next job for you!
As Partnership Leader you lead and develop both scouting, setting up and managing high potential new investment and partnership opportunities (ventures, start-ups, incubators) to develop IKEA for the future. You work actively to expand our network of potential partners and always secure strategic and value fit as well as financial relevance.
Assignments in this role include:
- Be an active partner working together within IKEA evaluating and setting up partnership and ventures initiatives by providing financial and risk analysis, contracts, agreement, negotiation, legal competence (together with legal and IP team)
- Take the lead in scouting for best fit partners based on identified needs and validate new business opportunities as well as securing that the potential partner is a fit in relation to our values and culture
- Work with seed and start-up companies, science parks and universities to create a flow into our innovation and investment agenda, analysing relevant partnership approach
- Continuous evaluation of existing partnerships to create optimal conditions for our business needs
- Facilitate the capability development of negotiation, contractual and business set-ups including evaluation criteria, contract making and leading the relation
- Be an engaged IKEA spokesperson, influential brand ambassador, and change agent that promotes an innovation and co-creation mind-set and adoption of creative new solutions
We are looking for you who have passion within innovation, finding the next idea that will revolutionise life at home. You have working knowledge of setting up arrangements, negotiation strategies, financial and risk analysis. Furthermore you have good knowledge in legal aspects of international business connected to partnerships and ventures, and capability to spot new potential partners based on business potential. You have enthusiasm for working with diverse stakeholders in highly collaborative settings and leading senior people without formal authority.
- Background in areas such as; Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Venture Investment.
- 5+ years of combined consulting and/or experience of working in Corporate Ventures departments, Venture Capital companies, Accelerators, Incubators, Start-ups or similar.
- Proven experience as a senior negotiator and analyst with deep understanding of financials factors
- Project management experience, ensuring operations run effectively and efficiently
- A background from finance or law, as well as experience of working in a human centred design-thinking innovation team is preferred
Does this sound like your next challenge?
We look forward to receive your application in English as soon as possible but not later than March 5th. The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden. If you have any questions about the position you are welcome to [email protected] and if you have any questions about the process please contact People & Culture Recruiter Maria Fröberg Larsson, +46 766 190 996.
IKEA offers well-designed, functional and affordable, high-quality home furnishing, produced with care for people and the environment. There are several companies with different owners, working under the IKEA Brand, all sharing the same vision: to create a better everyday life for the many people.
IKEA of Sweden AB has the responsibility to design and develop the IKEA range and offers an inspirational working environment, which gives you the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world.