Business Developer, IKEA Industry, Division Purchase Category Wood
- 901 01 Malacky, Slovakia
Want to join us in making home a little bit better for billions of people?
We are currently looking for Business Developer in Category Wood Team.
About IKEA Industry
IKEA Industry, part of the Supply organisation inside Inter IKEA Group, is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of the IKEA value chain. Industry has 40 production units in 8 countries.
Every year, Industry produces more than 100 million pieces of furniture for IKEA customers.
Our operations include forestry, sawmills, boards, component and furniture production. About 17,500 co-workers work at IKEA Industry. The IKEA culture and values shape everything we do. Not only do the IKEA values bring us together, they also help us to do business successfully.
In Division Purchase we work in 5 Categories (Wood, Boards, Chemicals, Machinery and Equipment and Foils, Edges, Honey Comb & other PMr). This enables us to form professional partnership with other parts of IKEA as well as within IKEA Industry, deliver a stronger price development and to meet increasing demands on sustainability compliance. Our Purchasing team wished position is to provide unique customer value-to lowest cost.
Who are you?
We believe that you are person with a strong self-drive to work and lead in volatile business environment.You have strong stakeholder management and collaboration experience that makes you build relationships easily and quickly.You share our IKEA values and are motivated to be a part of the development of IKEA.
To be successful in this role, we wish that you also have:
- Structured and fact-based approach to business development
- Extensive experience of supplier management including performance follow-up, negotiations and business development
- Knowledge of value chain principles and contract management
- Ability to establish and lead cross functional project team
- Ability to work in remote management set-up
- Strong business ethics
- Analytical skills
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken
- It is advantage if you are fluent in Slovak/Czech
- FSC knowledge
The main scope of this role includes:
- Overall responsibility for supplier performance and relationship
- Building professional and long term relationship through IKEA way of doing business, based on shared business model, trust and transparency
- Constant improvement of all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan
- Responsibility for new purchase markets development
- Driving the Supplier Development Process
- Development of saving projects, identification of cost reduction opportunities
- Leading the risk management process
The position is primarily Division Purchase focused and located in one of our IKEA Industry units.
The position requires global travelling (when possible again).
For job specific questions please contact Frantisek Stopka, Category Manager Wood, [email protected]
We appreciate your application in English as soon as possible, but no later than 26th of February 2021.