People and Culture Generalist
- King of Prussia, PA, USA
About the company
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
As a People & Culture Generalist in our Americas area, you will work within a dynamic and global organization with co-workers from all over the globe. We have a strong Culture & Values that is in the heart of everything that we do!
The role of the People & Culture team is to establish IKEA as the preferred employer by attracting those who share the IKEA values, ensuring development for all co-workers, inspiring them to perform and remain with IKEA by:
- Working in partnership with the Business
- Ensuring the appropriate HR/People & Culture processes and tools are implemented
- Actively contributing to the growth of business through people
As a member of our unit People & Culture team, you are expected to be a strong contributor to the development of managers and co-workers, providing expertise and ensuring that the People strategy are locally put into practice in the most effective and efficient way.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Understand business context, issues and challenges to provide specific advice and support to managers and co-workers
- Ensure HR-related compliance and take actions in case of deviations or improvement potentials
- Support in attracting, recruiting and maintaining talents based on business needs and facilitating competence flow within and cross-business units.
- Being a role model for IKEA Culture & Values and by that secure legal, ethical and moral perspective in people management and leadership situations
- Leading projects and assignments connected to our People & Culture processes
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- At least 3 years’ experience as an HR Generalist/Business Partner
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with various audiences in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good knowledge of local employment legislations, co-worker relations and labor market situations and trends
You are passionate about People and have a strong belief in individual’s potential. You are self-reliant and motivated with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and have the ability to establish trustful relationships. You have strong influencing skills and proven stakeholders management abilities.
If you have lots of energy, a strong drive and high commitment and you enjoy working in a diverse and changing environment, this could be the job for you.
This position is based in King of Prussia, PA, USA. Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers within the whole Americas and have offices in King of Prussia, USA; Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html