Communication Specialist - Range & Product Communication Marketing & Communication
- Älmhult, Sweden
Inter IKEA Range and Supply
Älmhult is home to Inter IKEA Range & Supply, a core business within Inter IKEA group, with the responsibility to develop and supply the IKEA product range and home furnishing solutions to all IKEA customer meeting points. Each year, IKEA Range & Supply introduces 2,000 new products around the world with a total range of almost 10,000 products. So, what happens in Älmhult does not stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
Marketing and Communication
Within marketing and communication our assignment is to reach and connect with people. We do this by developing communication content that meets people where they are. By telling stories that create curiosity for our offer, who we are and how we do things. Communication that inspires, engage, excite and convert consumers to customers – every day, in every market. Always in an authentic, warm and humanistic IKEA way. And always aiming for the highest impact at the lowest possible cost.
Range and product communication
Range & product communication is a think tank and a laboratory. We take ideas and boil them down to solutions. We are visionaries and pragmatists at the same time. Knowledgeable within most types of communication, but experts in making it scalable and ready for production on a massive scale. We look upon communication content production like Ingvar Kamprad looked upon furniture design; anyone can design a beautiful but expensive desk, but not everyone can make it good, functional – and affordable. That is why we develop guidelines, methods, tools, processes, and ways of working to reach the highest quality and impact – at lowest cost.
We are looking for a communication specialist for the area of expertise, facts.
As a communication specialist you are responsible for turning communication needs into relevant communication assets, enabling an efficient and effective work for the many communicators across all Home Furnishing Businesses. You will be contributing to the ongoing work prioritizing the Text & Facts Team’s backlog and lead specific development and improvement projects, making sure that our product and range communication is clear and consistent in all customer meeting points.
You are responsible for sharing best practice, developing, and maintaining working processes, providing guidelines and frameworks, and developing the competence and IT-tools within your area of expertise. You will be contributing to the success of IKEA by securing efficient ways of working for the many communicators, follow up on performance and feed the insights back into the development and maintenance of our communication assets. This means collaboration with all the IKEA Home Furnishing Businesses, product development centres as well as with different stakeholders and organisations, both within and outside IKEA
To perform in this role, we believe that you have deep knowledge and proven experience of customer facing communication. You are well-organized, analytical, with a deep knowledge of the structure behind our customer facing range and product communication. You can see the complete communication result when different facts are put together. Knowledge in our existing communication system landscape and interest in developing new system capabilities.
You are structured, a strong communicator and have ability to listen to and influence diverse group of stakeholders with a strong focus on the result. You have an interest in home furnishing and, most importantly, you always, always have the customer in mind in all that you do!
You also have
- Ability to turn communication needs into business solutions and deliver and follow-up on agreed plans
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Analytical and methodical approach with attention to detail
- The ability to draw systematic, fact based rational conclusions and act on deviations.
- Good communication skills and ability to express yourself clearly in spoken and written English
- Understanding about the range & product communication palette, how the different communication content interacts, from communication in and on packages, on and offline carriers as well as visual and written messages meeting consumers everywhere.
- Ability to combine working towards a long-term direction and acting on tactical and operational level.
- Good networking skills with the ability to build trustful relationships
- Desire to enable others and share competence securing continuous development and improvement – to mentor or coach others in communication creation and delivery.
- Ability handle change and inspire others to see possibilities
- Motivation to live and share our IKEA culture and values.
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation – February 26, 2021 at the latest. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role under “Message to hiring manager.” Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions about the position you are welcome to contact Christopher Binz, area of expertise manager ([email protected]). If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter, Marie Sandman on +46 768545309