Communication Leader - Range & Product Communication Marketing & Communication
- Älmhult, Sweden
Inter IKEA Range and Supply
Älmhult is home to Inter IKEA Range & Supply, a core business within Inter IKEA group, with the responsibility to develop and supply the IKEA product range and home furnishing solutions to all IKEA customer meeting points. Each year, IKEA Range & Supply introduces 2,000 new products around the world with a total range of almost 10,000 products. So, what happens in Älmhult does not stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
Marketing and Communication
Within marketing and communication our assignment is to reach and connect with people. We do this by developing communication content that meets people where they are. By telling stories that create curiosity for our offer, who we are and how we do things. Communication that inspires, engage, excite and convert consumers to customers – every day, in every market. Always in an authentic, warm and humanistic IKEA way. And always aiming for the highest impact at the lowest possible cost.
Range and product communication
Range & product communication is a think tank and a laboratory. We take ideas and boil them down to solutions. We are visionaries and pragmatists at the same time. Knowledgeable within most types of communication, but experts in making it scalable and ready for production on a massive scale. We look upon communication content production like Ingvar Kamprad looked upon furniture design; anyone can design a beautiful but expensive desk, but not everyone can make it good, functional – and affordable. That is why we develop guidelines, methods, tools, processes, and ways of working to reach the highest quality and impact – at lowest cost.
We are looking for a communication leader for the area of expertise, text.
As a communication leader, you lead the development of range & product communication texts. Always with the customer experience as the guiding star and with large scale, global Omni channel retail in mind. You are responsible together with specialists within the area of expertise, Text & Facts, to lead the development of frameworks, new text formats and improvements of today’s portfolio for effective and efficient text communication. This means collaboration with all the IKEA Home Furnishing Businesses, product development centres as well as with different stakeholders and organisations, both within and outside IKEA
Your main responsibilities
- Defining, developing and maintaining text portfolios, working methods and tools as well as competence needed within the area of expertise.
- Taking part in the yearly business planning process to identify and act on short- and long-term implications on text portfolios, working methods and tools as well as competence needed within the area of expertise.
- Working together with other communication leaders and stakeholders to identify gaps and jointly define, develop and implement actions and activities to close them within set budgets.
- Working closely with communication specialists within the area of expertise to turn directions and plans into actual texts.
- Leading and following-up relevant KPI’s within the area of expertise.
- Actively initiating, participating and giving support in related initiatives and projects as well as in functions and matrices where text expertise is needed.
o perform in this role, we believe that you have profound knowledge and proven experience from the area of written communication. You are well-experienced in analysing communication needs and building text concepts that deliver to the needs. You like to set measurable goals and lead business and people to deliver result. You have an ability to lead informally by inspiring others to see possibilities. You are structured and efficient. You dare to make your voice heard, to question, to challenge. And you are used to building networks and trustful relations across functions in order to initiate and lead development
You understand the IKEA business model, business plan process and strategic landscape as well as the product development process. You are familiar with IKEA ways of working and you are a true ambassador of the IKEA culture and values.
You also have:
- Passion for communication
- Understanding what large-scale production for automatic presentation and reuse of content means
- Ability to handle input in large scale, both structured and unstructured, identify synergies and prioritise plans
- Pedagogic skills, both in creating understanding within Range & Product communication about what text means for our business and being able to inspire and be a good trainer.
- Good understanding of the range & product communication palette, how the different communication content interacts, from packaging communication to visual and written messages in all customer meeting points.
- Motivated by having a holistic view yet an eye for details.
- Ability to turn strategic and tactical thinking into practice.
- Desire to enable others and share competence securing continuous development and improvement – to mentor or coach others in communication creation and delivery.
- Interest in home furnishing and you are fluent in spoken and written English.
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation – February 26, 2021 at the latest. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role under “Message to hiring manager.” Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions about the position you are welcome to contact Christopher Binz, area of expertise manager ([email protected]). If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter, Marie Sandman on +46 768545309