Food Demand Coordinator| Supply Chain Operations | Category Food Logistics Services|
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishing and food products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
In Category Food Logistics Services, we source, procure and operate cold chain transportation, warehousing and logistics services for IKEA Food.
Right now we’re looking for a Food Demand Coordinator who can support IKEA retailers through a variety of operational tasks. Someone who can take the operational responsibility for distribution in selected markets.
As Food Demand Coordinator, you will coordinate both internal/external contacts within Supply Operations and support our Retail partners.
You will work close with Business Area Food in IKEA Range & Supply and Supply Chain partners to secure product availability for our customers. You will also ensure smooth range change, commercial activities as well as support expansion initiatives.
If you love the idea of joining a new business in Inter-IKEA, you are not afraid to venture in the unknown and are motivated by co-creation and collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders, then we would love to get to know you!
In this role you will:
- Work integrated with the department´s various functions to maintain the best logistics solutions for the customer.
- Be responsible for order management processes for specific markets
- Be first point of contact for Retail partners in daily operations and product availability.
- Lead and be responsible for Market Operations Forums.
- Take the lead in proactively co-ordinating supply chain partners to find optimum solutions to supply constraints.
- Report on a range of KPIs providing information to retail and supply chain partners.
- Coordinate global and local sales activities and prepare for launch of new products.
- Contribute to establishment of new retail units and new markets together with other supply chain partners.
- Review and provide input to supply chain partners to secure optimal replenishment solution.
- You have related education background (university degree) in logistics / supply / business administration or relevant working experience.
- You have preferably working experience within food logistics.
- You are excellent in communication with strong analytical skills.
- You can build and maintain strong collaborations and partnerships both internally and externally.
- You are a team player who enjoys to deliver high quality results on time.
- You have basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and experience using an ERP system especially Infor M3 (Movex)
- You have a positive mind-set, are open and flexible to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- You are fluent in English.
- For us it is important that you can fluently communicate in German.
The position is a fulltime, permanent assignment, located in Älmhult. Please note that we will interview continuously, so please send us your application online as soon as possible, but on 19th of January the latest.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Ulrika Karmestål-Cheniere at [email protected] and if you have questions about the actual recruitment process please contact Helena Sjölander at [email protected]