IKEA Components China - Managing Director
- Nantong, Jiangsu, China
The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and supply of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the Inter IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and employs 1500 people based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing and Logistic areas, we are also represented at several other sites around the world.
- As MD you are legally responsible for the site, responsible to run a legal operation with the right set-up for optimal business and people development.
- Shall ensure that laws, regulations, accounting and financial policies and all contractual obligations are followed and shall organise the company with respect hereto.
- Secure internal/external audits and regulations, eg IWAY, in given time intervals
- The MD are responsible for the site budget that includes all operational costs and resources.
- You lead and develop the management team consisting of diverse competencies, representing different parts of the business.
- Secure the integration and implementation of IKEA overall directions, strategies as well as IKEA Component’s business plan within the site.
- Together with your management team you develop plans in a comprehensive way to facilitate achievement and people development and empower the organisation to secure and execute action plans and deliver excellent performance.
- Responsible for securing a well performing site with a high focus on continuous improvement, safety, sustainability and quality to reach customer satisfaction in the most cost efficient way.
- Responsible for supplier’s management related to the site.
- Securing business continuity plan.
- Responsible for representing the company in public to authorities and other stakeholders/forums and also to build strong co-operation in connection with other IKEA units within the country/cluster.
- Promote and strengthen the IKEA culture and values, developing people and business together
- Deep knowledge of IKEA Strategic Landscape and understanding of IKEA Business Model and IKEA Way of doing business as well as IKEA Components business operation.
- Good knowledge of budget processes and a thorough understanding of profit and loss and the key performance indicators we use to plan, follow up and steer the IKEA business.
- Deep knowledge about warehouse, production management, manufacturing, lean production, processes, operations system and IWAY.
- Experience in developing ways of working & best biz practises.
- Good knowledge in Risk Assessment
- Good knowledge in communication and coaching, including excellent presentation and communication skills both in written and verbal.
- Strong businessman ship
- Good knowledge and experience of change management.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience in fact-based leadership approach
- Passionate about being part of a business that is the leader in life at home, contributing to a better everyday life for the many people
- Truly belief in the values of the IKEA culture and a desire to live them in daily work.
- Be genuinely interested in people and truly believe in peoples willingness to contribute and their potential grow.
- High interest in understanding the business and to find the best match of business and people development.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative towards set objectives.
- Strongly believe in communication as a strategic tool to lead business and people, building trustful relations to reach common goals.
- Creating pre-requisites for collaboration cross the organisation/unit to enable togetherness and efficient team work
- An open mind set, enjoys working in a fast paced, change and future-oriented environment.
- Thrive in navigating the big picture and at the same time work with the fine details
Do you have what it takes to challenge and uphold an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality?
We are looking for you who together with us at IKEA Components Shanghai and we actively want to build people and business together and ensure that we are an excellent place to work and develop. IKEA Components in China stands in front of a fantastic journey, with ambitious expansion plans to build a new factory for our packaging operations in Nantong.
if you have interst, please contact Sabrina Liu([email protected]).