- Älmhult, Sweden
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We offer you more than a job!
Co-workers within Purchasing lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.
As a Business Developer at Purchasing & Logistics Area North, you will be working within defined part of the business and legal framework of IKEA – to secure excellence in running operations by optimizing the purchasing possibilities. Furthermore you will participate in creating an efficient supplier structure. The material you will mainly work with is wood components.
About the assignment
Business Developer will together with a team:
- On every day base work to optimize costs of IKEA products.
- Contribute to Strategic development of the supplier base in line with Category strategy
- Transfer Category Business Plan to operational action plans.
- Together with each supplier set the goals and create action plan that will enhance the full potentials of the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers according to IKEA values and guide lines
- Evaluate and develop existing production capacities.
- Cooperate in the product life cycle process.
- Build effective and actively maintain relation with suppliers.
- Responsible that supplier meets social, environmental standards.
- Responsible for the delivery and quality performance.
- Secure right competence to challenge and develop suppliers.
In all situations act as an IKEA Ambassador.
We are looking for you who have a good knowledge in material and production including cost of production within your area of responsibility. You have experience of international business and excellent skills in working with the cost drivers in the purchasing part of the supply chain. We also think that you share the IKEA values, culture and have a strong interest to work for a home furnishings company.
As a person you have lots of energy, drive and commitment to reach excellent results. You have ability to transfer big picture into concrete actions and learn fast. You are business minded and are good in communication and building and maintaining relations. You have the willingness to act on opportunities and also skills to communicate fluent in English. You will be working in a truly international environment with a lot of contacts with colleagues and suppliers mostly in northern Europe and the position includes travelling. We hope you want to contribute with your unique competence for IKEAs future.
This position is based in Älmhult, Sweden. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application as soon as possible. If you have questions regarding the role please contact Business Development Manager Linda Petersson at +46 730 697 907. If questions about recruitment process please contact People & Culture recruiter Jakob Bergström at +46 701 474 890. Please send your application in English latest 4th of January 2021.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.