- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what your value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
About Inter IKEA Systems B.V.
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
Read more about us at: https://about.ikea.com/
About business transformation and IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI)
In IKEA we continuously strive to improve how we work and meet our customers. We are now on an exciting business transformation journey aiming to create long term success for IKEA. As part of this journey, we are looking for several Chapter Managers that will lead the following areas:
- Technical & Architecture Chapter (incl. solution & domain architecture and cloud engineering)
- Data Engineering & Analytics Chapter (incl. data science & data analysis and DevOps Engineering)
- Front-end Development Chapter (incl. data visualisation and dashboards)
- Agile & delivery Chapter
This role is part of IKEA Consumer and Market Insights (ICMI) that is one of our 7 Leadership Areas. ICMI makes well founded decisions based on actionable and timely insights.
As a Chapter Manager, you will:
- Develop, inspire and support the co-workers reporting to you
- Support the competence development of co-workers in your area in order to secure skilled and highly motivated teams
- Ensure that co-workers feel empowered, efficient and valued part of the product or delivery teams they belong to
- Contribute actively and regularly to development of insight products by supporting co-workers and teams with specific knowledge and methods within your area of expertise
- Secure that all co-workers in your chapter area can do their work in a compliant and safe way
- Lead or support the development of the right capabilities, principles, standards and frameworks related to your respective chapter area
- Ensure that the appropriate digital frameworks, standards and principles are followed by all co-workers in your chapter area and all products across ICMI
- Develop and implement the chapter strategic plan and manage the related budget
In order to be successful in this role, you will need solid knowledge and proven track record as a specialist in the chapter area you’ll be leading and have experience of end2end digital product development and operations. You’ll also need good knowledge of digital technology, digital infrastructure, IT services and digital steering frameworks.
You have a great interest and proven track record in agile frameworks and practices, especially Scrum, as well as DevOps ways of working. You have a deep interest in and understanding of traditional product and project delivery methods.
You are a strong leader with ability and interest to develop your team and build trust with your peers and stakeholders in order to reach the best results. You are comfortable with complex prioritisation and situations where you are commonly forced to disappoint strong and vocal stakeholders, in order to leverage your resources to the best effect. You have had people management responsibility for at least 5 years. Additionally, you benefit from having worked across initiatives in dynamic, multinational organisations.
You have great communication and networking skills and are fluent in written and spoken English.
Preferably, you have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the area of your chapter, with at least some of those years spent as people manager. Experience form IKEA and the IKEA value chain is appreciated but not mandatory.
This is a full time position (40h/week). Travelling may be required based on business needs. Please send your application – CV and motivation letter – by January 15th, 2020. Please note that we are continuously interviewing candidates.