Technical Illustrator - Intralogistics
- Älmhult, Sweden
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for different business units across the IKEA value chain. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with various stakeholders in all our retail markets to secure customer availability at lowest total cost.
Intralogistics is a part of Supply Chain Development and support with establishing, optimising, integrating, automating and conceptualising logistical flows for any (IKEA) unit that has a logistic or fulfilment component. With innovative, technology driven and automated intralogistics solutions for any IKEA unit we will together reach more of the many.
As a Technical Illustrator at Intralogistics you are a part of product development and business development with suppliers and you develop and detail the design of in-house products to meet the requirements of the service requestor
Further you are responsible on operational, tactical and strategic level for designing the communication platforms that secure high system efficiency at the customer site.
The job also includes responsibility for developing highly professional learning solutions according to the learning development process, guidelines and framework within your area of expertise. You investigate new technologies that cater for optimization of total technical communication package and secure and implement correct high-quality technical manuals for the projects. You also create technical illustrations and texts for the solutions and analyse the need of communication on solution level.
- Develop, maintain and secure the structure of technical documentation in our systems.
- Train and support internally and externally concerning technical information, user interface for high system efficiency.
- Take ownership in implementing new technologies for communicating technical information.
- Secure that up to date learning solutions is available to the target group.
- Lead learning solution development work and creation in agreed time, cost meeting the business needs.
- Follow up efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions, to continuously improve quality of IKEA learning range.
- Travels are included periodically in this position.
To be successful in the assignment we see that you have:
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Extensive knowledge in creating technical documentation such as manuals and illustrations
- A genuine interest in supply chain and intralogistics.
- High interest in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics.
- Highly motivated to lead people & secure competence development.
- A passion for planning and leading in a global assignment.
- Have an agile mindset, move with speed and direction.
You should have ability to lead business with a holistic view; always act with the customer, supplier, total IKEA and total cost development in mind. Capability to deliver results through involving and engaging people. Communicative internally as well externally. Ability to represent IKEA towards external suppliers.
This position is permanent and based in Älmhult, Sweden. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 17th of January. If you have questions regarding the role please contact hiring manager at [email protected] If questions about recruitment process please contact recruitment specialist Jakob Bergström, +46 70-147 48 90
We welcome all applications. In the first selection process, we will consider candidates from current Supply Chain Development organisation.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.