Sustainability Developer in Category Land, Supply Chain Operations
- Warsaw, Poland
Supply Chain Operations organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
Sustainability as a function leads the sustainability strategy and direction for Supply Chain Operations and drives & develops the sustainability agenda.
We are now looking for a Sustainability Developer to develop, drive and support the sustainability agenda for Category Area Transport in the European market in close collaboration with the business. You identify opportunities and enable internal and external collaborations and partnerships to drive the sustainability agenda in line with business priorities and the People & Planet Positive strategy. You will contribute to the Supply Chain Operations Sustainability matrix to define a clear direction and contribute to the strategic development of the Sustainability agenda.
IKEA strives to be the leader in sustainable, affordable life at home, inspiring and enabling customers to fulfill their needs and dreams at home. Sustainability is part of our IKEA vision to create a better life for the many people and at the same time have a positive impact on the planet. Our view of the future is positive and we believe in a sustainable world. IKEA has made progress on the journey to become People and Planet Positive – progress that we can be proud of. Still we have a way to go before we have a fully sustainable business. We will continue to focus and transform our business.
Your main assignment as a Sustainability Developer is:
• Challenge and drive the sustainability agenda in SCO for a predefined business scope (geography and service provider portfolio
• Contribute to decarbonisation agenda (alternative fuels, fuel efficiency improvements, electromobility, etc.) by:
- Closely monitor the development of decarbonisation solutions and innovation initiatives
- Actively investigate regional market decarbonisation possibilities and identify potential external solution providers.
- Propose implementation possibilities within regional market by collaborating with external solution providers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide business intelligence and analysis on decarb agenda improvements (i.e. for: projects, procurement events, business cases, etc.)
• Provide sustainability input to action plans and contribute to the execution
• Contribute to business teams competence development providing sustainability expertise
• Facilitate trainings for internal and external stakeholders with the aim of increasing the competence in transportation and logistics related sustainability topics
• Collect and share regularly good examples on decarbonisation and other sustainability topics for learning and inspiration
• Actively participate in global matrix working groups and contribute to global sustainability development projects and/or cross-categories activities
• Contribute to IWAY (short for the IKEA way of responsibly procuring products, services, materials and components) development activities and social agenda topics on a predefined business scope, by doing risk assessments and gap analysis, analyzing trends and providing input and support to mitigate risks, close gaps and enhance sustainability performance.
• Contribute to the Safety agenda on a predefined business scope
• Monitor and assess the impact of regional and local policy development related to sustainability (i.e. EU Mobility package)
You are honest with high integrity. You always find common interests and agenda, to build trust and partnership to reach common goals. With your solid experience you are able to find improvement opportunities in social compliance and sustainability area and make it happen.
If you are passionate about working with sustainability and business development, if you have the drive to lead & develop the sustainability agenda for your area of responsibility and SCO as a total, you have the right motivation for this role.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
• University degree in sustainability, logistics or other relevant area and relevant working experience
• Good knowledge of sustainability in supply chain operations
• Knowledge of driving a sustainability agenda by connecting with a diversity of internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge in how to apply a triple bottom line perspective in business decisions, i.e. integrating environmental, social and financial considerations
• Good project management competence and knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
• Good knowledge of supply chain cost drivers and how to influence them
• Good knowledge of Service Provider evaluation frameworks
• High motivation to inspire people
• Strong networking skills both on internal and external stakeholders level to enable partnership and collaboration
• Capability to build trust and relationships, in order to build long-term business partnership
• Strong motivation in contributing to positive sustainability developments through the IKEA direction and the People & Planet strategy.
• Interest in people’s life at home. Energy, drive and commitment to deliver better products/services for the many people
• Fluent English
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than January 16th 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated.
We look forward to receive your application, in English!