Sustainability Developer - CA Electronics
- Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
IKEA Supply has the responsibility to produce and supply IKEA stores with beautiful, functional and sustainable home furnishing solutions, affordable for the many people. We are constantly on the way, building a better IKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified way, based on our culture, values and with customers, people and the environment in focus.
Category Area Electronics is responsible for sourcing home appliances, lamps and lighting solutions, batteries and connected (smart) products for all IKEA stores globally. We are nearly 100 co-workers in 8 different locations. We are passionate about electronics and technology applied to the home environment, we work closely with our suppliers across the world and we are now looking for a new Sustainability Developer to join our team!
As Sustainability Developer you will, together with the Category Area Sustainability Manager, lead, drive and develop the sustainability agenda for the entire Category Area which in turn will deliver a positive contribution to the overall IKEA Sustainability Strategy People and Planet Positive. Among the main focus areas you will be contributing to are: driving positive change on the climate impact generated by production operations at supplier and by product utilisation at the home of our customers, enabling responsible sourcing of critical materials, developing suppliers towards advanced and excellent performances against the IKEA supplier Code of Conduct (IWAY), provide fact based information to enable and expand the use of more sustainable materials.
You will support the business teams to set priorities, develop and implement common action plans with suppliers to achieve sustainability goals within specific areas of expertise in line with the Category Area plans.
You will be a member of the Global Sustainability Development Matrix Group representing your Category Area, contributing to the overall development of the IKEA Sustainability agenda, leading, executing or contributing to global development projects.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Driving supplier sustainability development, identifying and implementing ways of working to enable sustainable production footprints and a positive impact for people and the planet
· Motivating and engaging suppliers and business teams to continuously identify new sustainability-related business opportunities to deliver to the overall IKEA sustainability strategy
· Lead and/or support sustainability related projects in alignment with the Category Area plans and priorities
· Collect, verify, validate, aggregate data and facts required to quantify impacts, provide reporting and analysis of such data to support decision makers within the Category Area with making well informed and fact-based decisions
· Facilitating the implementation of IWAY requirements at production sites aiming at securing full compliance to the Code of Conduct overtime as well as igniting development towards advanced and excellent performances
· Participate and engage in sustainability and risk assessments of new and existing suppliers
· Supporting business teams with the implementation of global sustainability working methods, tools and IT-systems
· Facilitate trainings enabling competence development for IKEA co-workers and suppliers.
To be successful in the role we see that the following knowledge and experience would be of advantage:
· Previous sustainability development work experience, preferably within purchasing, in or outside of IKEA
· Knowledge in the renewable energy field, understanding of energy market dynamics and trends, international policies, initiatives and programs towards a low carbon economy
· Experience in leading or executing energy efficiency or decarbonising projects within the industry sector
· Familiarity with materials and LCA methodologies
· Strengths in communication, building trust, engage and inspire stakeholders within your scope of responsibility,
· Knowledge of the IWAY system or equivalent Code of Conducts
· Good knowledge of local and national sustainability related legislations and regulations
· Strong analytical skills
· Good project management skills with a good track record of leading projects.
· A relevant university degree (environmental & social sciences) could also be considered an advantage.
· Excellent English
The position is located in China Shanghai or Shenzhen with the latter one as a preferred location. The role will involve extensive domestic traveling and modest international traveling.
Interested? Submit your application in English asap and not later than January 15th.