Business Development Manager - Plant based products category
- Warsaw, Poland
Want to be part of an exciting future and create growth together?
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
To be successful in the role as Business Development Manager (BDM) you need to have a commercial background, extensive experience within purchasing/sourcing and direct leadership of people!
With extensive knowledge and experience in the field of purchasing, you have a strong capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver excellent results. You are able to lead on an operational/tactical level with the business strategy in mind. Your strong analytical skills and fact-based business leadership capabilities supports in making the right decisions. You build trust and enjoy working on and with both internal and external stakeholder management in all dimensions. You identify with our values and enjoy creating an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality.
You come with good track record in current & previous positions, in leading and developing both business and people. You lead by example and have the ability to bring out the best in your team. You inspire and empower your team to perform and continuously develop in their assignments. You thrive from delivering results and succeeding together with your team.
You believe in and are good at establishing professional long term relationships with key suppliers. You are highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in as well as the reality of production and you are familiar with working in partnership with large suppliers.
As part of the Category Management team and reporting to the Category Manager, you will actively contribute to the development of the long term Category sourcing strategy.
- Overall responsible for purchasing and suppliers performance covering suppliers connected to PLACE
- To set the business direction with clear Action Plan(s) to improve and develop business and supplier performance, and deliver to Category Plan, using the Supplier Development Process as a base
- To secure planning and execution to fulfil the sourcing assignment and pro-actively work together with Business area Food to integrate opportunities and act on deviations
- To be accountable for professional and long term relationship with suppliers through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- To identify and start-up new suppliers according to business needs through the purchasing team and/or by giving assignment to New Business teams
- To lead and/or contribute to projects on behalf of the overall category or category area
- Responsibility for driving Leadership and Competence agenda within the team; to identify needs and gaps, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short and long term business needs
- Responsible for recruitment, development, performance management, retention and succession plans for co-workers directly in your team
- As a BDM you will work closely together with other BDMs in other regions to identify, implement and continuously optimize our total supplier base
- As part of the Category Management team, actively contribute to the development of the category plan and sourcing strategy
A fluent communication in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite for this role with an ability to work with multicultural teams. Project management and stakeholder management will be a key success factor for this business.
The position includes travelling.
The Business Development Manager position is located in Warsaw-Poland.
If you have any questions regarding the position or recruitment process, please contact:
Recruiting Manager Max Reumark – Category Manager Plant based products, [email protected]
or HR Generalist Krzysztofa Górzna [email protected]
If you think this sounds interesting and as your next career step, please submit your application in English as soon as possible, at the latest on December 23rd 2020
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.