Production Engineer - Animal Based (SH)
- Shanghai, China
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Do you have passion for food? Would you like to be part of fantastic IKEA Food journey?
IKEA Food develops and provides the food sold and served in all Ikea restaurants, Bistros, Swedish Food Markets and col-worker restaurants. IKEA Food is upgrading from service to business. Food Category Area is implementing “One Supply Chain” project globally in FY20, integrating food purchasing and establishing end-to-end food supply chain to provide healthier, safe and more sustainable food at affordable prices for the many people.
We are looking for people with solid knowledge & experiences of production processes and technologies, you have capability to evaluate the suppliers technical and quality performance to produce products, genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements.
You have ability to make decisions and solve problems with holistic view.
High energy and self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together with the suppliers and co-workers in IKEA.
As a Production Engineer in IKEA food business, you will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. You are the main contact towards suppliers and works as part of the category business team together with the suppliers to develop and secure product development and production processes, handling of quality deviations and secure quality compliance as well as food safety to all IKEA requirements. Amongst others you:
• Responsible for supplier quality assurance and follow up, secure food safety
• Lead product development, perform product audits and production risk assessments at supplier sites
• Responsible for supplier development for existing suppliers and new suppliers
- Solid experience about production processes and technologies in food industry
- Good understanding of IKEA requirements, food industry standards and test methods
- Strong ability to evaluate suppliers’ technical & manufacturing capability as well as quality & food safety performance to produce IKEA products
- Good knowledge of Democratic design from product development perspective and customer needs and expectations regarding - function, customer friendliness and products critical to quality (CTQ)
- Expertise about quality assurance
- Good knowledge of Lean production methods and tools (Root cause, FMEA, fishbone etc)
- Understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, IKEA Business model for growth and key processes and working methods
- Understanding of relevant Category Plans and Total Cost
1. Good understanding of production process & quality requirements
2. Strong experiences in complicated supplier development from 1 level to next level from both quality and tech. perspective
3. Previous experience in working manufacture industry
4. Good learning ability, and good team work
5. Project experiences and very good communication
6. Excellent English
7. High passion & motivation
8. IKEA Value match