Engineering Manager - Marketing & Communication
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA is on a transformation journey with the aim to combine our home furnishing knowledge with digital capabilities. The focus in our digitalization of marketing communication is to enable effective planning, creation and distribution of impactful content across all channels and markets, all while enabling collaboration with partners and external parties across the globe.
To enable our transformation we are now looking for a Technology Manager with domain architecture skills to lead our technology team with in Marketing & Communication Digital Transformation.
We strongly believe that you are a person who has good understanding and global experience of digital marketing and content management lifecycle architecture and technologies. Since the domain provides services on an enterprise level, it is important you have several years of working experiences of enterprise content management workflows and platforms. We also see experiences from leading people and suppliers as valuable, as well as being a good communicator who sees the whole picture and is able to handle the interaction needed to provide the best service.
To succeed in this role you are self-motivated and creative and having the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges. It is a huge advantage if you have experience of working with PIM, DAM, headless CMS, Marketing Automation platforms and cloud-based solutions within MarTech stack.
In your role as a Domain Architect/Technology Manager, you will lead and guide development teams within M&C Digital transformation journey.
Your assignment will include:
- Define and lead the architecture roadmap and development of MarTech platform within Marketing & Communication
- Be part of defining our digital strategy and the marketing related technology roadmap to meet our ambitions
- Secure proper design, architecture, and technology in place for digital technology platforms such as Digital Asset Management and products related to Marketing Communications to enable IKEA to provide a multi-channel experience to its customers across the market place.
- Take part in design and development of digital capabilities and business opportunities within Marketing & Communication to enable creation of impactful communication across channels and markets for IKEA customers and co-workers
- Build and lead technology team contains of architects, software and data engineers.
- Actively support colleagues in the journey of digital transformation.
- Proactively evaluate new technology and market trends and provide technology/digital recommendations and new capabilities in order to deliver better business result.
- Ensure quality guidelines and control process are created and implemented for the technology platforms and products
- Collaborate closely with business and IT stakeholders (including suppliers) to improve solution architectures with learnings from best practices within software development and industry.
- Represent our domain in the IKEA architecture network
You are passionate about technology and appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning architecture trends and requirements into practice. You get energized by working interdependently in agile teams. You are the type of person that can manage to see the big picture as well as the details and you collaborate and communicate with you stakeholders to build trust and partnership in order to reach our common goals.
You will bring with you deep understanding and experience of shaping architecture, combined with an understanding of the current and future digital technology trends, industry standards, architecture frameworks and modelling techniques. You know how to work in an Agile, DevOps working set-up and how to deliver cloud-based solutions.
You have knowledge of following areas:
- Minimum 5 years of experience from design and software development of relevant technology projects in an international company and environment
- Experience from design and development of digital communication platforms such as Digital Asset Management, Product Information Management, Content Management, API creation, cloud services, marketing automation, CRM and e-commerce
- Solid experience of Martech related projects including technical implementation and integration to related systems
- Understanding of modern data architectures, data extract mechanisms, functional decomposition and business rules engines
- Experience of cloud technology and platforms
- M.Sc. in computer science or equivalent academic degree within the area of IT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to engage and communicate with senior business-leaders and Technology Leadership
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest 6st of December 2020. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Digital Leader Magdalena Åkerman at [email protected] If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Marie Sandman on +46 768545309,