Flow Capacity Planner
- Port Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
About the job
We are now looking for Flow Capacity Planners to secure excellence in logistical operational performance, and its further development, by defining the capacity needs for Supply Chain Operations in close contact with our stakeholders as well as scenario planning. Our goal is to make a well-timed, complete, quality assured flow and capacity planning information and connect it with our stakeholders. We lead and develop the internal capacity process including working methods, tools and competence.
You will work for Supply Operations & report to the Flow Capacity Planning Manager. Up to 50% of your assignment will also be dedicated to lead business navigation related tasks.
Your main assignments as Flow Capacity Planner are:
- Monitor, analyse, control and follow up capacity planning with the goal to secure quality and availability for our customers, as well as cost efficiency in strong collaboration with Need Planning function. Provide network and volume forecasts for our end-to-end goods flow over a two year time horizon as the base for financial cost planning (e.g. CALC, Cost Goal) and to secure the right capacity with internal and external stakeholders. Provide operational capacity plan by defining the needed capacity on route and DC level to secure global agreements in accordance with the operational frame
- Create the right pre-conditions for accurate and stable capacity plans by securing necessary system updates based on new replenishment solutions or other network changes. Create transparency on volume changes to identify procurement needs and capacity requirements for Supply Chain Operations with the goal to improve efficiency and support cost development on the end-to-end goods flow
- Take lead in the alignment and interaction with all relevant IKEA supply chain stakeholders to secure accurate and reliable capacity plans and provides information to all concerned stakeholders in Supply Chain Operations
- Play a key role in the definition of total logistical operational performance from a planning perspective and the identification of gaps in the forecasts
Your other assignments linked to the Business Navigation responsibility are:
- Perform first level of business analysis to identify trends, opportunities and potential risks, and present them in a clear and actionable manner
- Provide and visualize action oriented conclusions built on fact based analyses and business insight
- Challenge & support the rest of the organization in performance management and goal setting, support Supply Operations Manager in participating and preparing some Market Operations Forums (MOF).
We want you, because:
- The IKEA culture & values inspire you every day
- You have a good experience (at least 2 years) in forecasting, capacity planning or business navigation related topics.
- University degree in logistics, economics, business administration
- You have a good knowledge about Supply Chain and understanding of transport industry
- You have good knowledge about how to build and evaluate fact-based business cases
- You have good analytical skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other relevant tools and working methods
- You have the capability to build effective and trustful relationships and
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
This assignment will be based in Distribution Centre Port Klang, Malaysia.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – before 15th of December 2020. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work for us and why you would be a good fit for this role.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Jean-Luc Robert [email protected] .
For question about the recruitment process please contact Serene Han [email protected] .