- Älmhult, Sweden
Can you really reach out to the whole world, creating a better everyday life for the many people? In Älmhult, Sweden you can! Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden where the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world. At IKEA of Sweden, you will work in a truly international and dynamic environment. You will have different opportunities to learn new skills and where the goal always is to create a better everyday life for the many people
In Business Steering, you will be in the heart of IKEAs strategic decisions and support our leaders in analysis, business insights and facts.
We are looking for our next Business Analyst to join us!
As a Business Analyst, your role will be to contribute to the business priorities by enabling analytical and fact-based decision-making. You will combine your knowledge in analytics, statistics and mathematics with your business understanding to create predictive and prescriptive insights. You will analyse complex business challenges by using both internal and external data sources and formulate insights and analyses in a clear and simple way to meet business and receiver needs.
Your main responsibilities as a Business Analyst are:
• Responsible to monitor, analyse and follow up business performance (both year-cycle based and ad-hoc) within the assigned performance area to identify trends, opportunities and potential risks.
• Perform exploratory and predictive analysis both individually and in a team by collaborating with other Business analysts, Data scientists, Business navigators and related roles.
• Present and share in a way that is understandable, inspiring and actionable.
• Share insights and provide modelling and analytical support to facilitate data-driven and fact-based decision making, with a forward-looking focus.
• Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business.
• Contribute to business development and innovation by analysing business consequences of different scenarios, through scenario planning, modelling, risk assessment and contingency planning.
• Provide expertise in data analysis and communication of quantitative data.
• Co-develop intelligence and analytical tools together with relevant functions.
This position is placed in Älmhult, Sweden.
To be successful in this role you need to have experience from a similar data analyst role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline. You are experienced from working in a global environment and understand the complexity that it might bring.
You have experience in performing analysis with large datasets and have a high interest in the visual design of data through reports or presentations and how to express the message in a clear and inspiring way. Technical competence to develop and run statistical & analytical models, and skills in statistical programming languages is an advantage - as well as knowledge in relational databases.
You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms. We believe you have a sharp analytic & logical mindset and great problem-solving skills.
If you have questions about the position, please contact hiring manager Malin Svensson, [email protected] If you have questions related to the recruitment process, please contact Christina Appelqvist +46-766113408
We look forward to receiving your application in English, at the latest November 29th, 2020.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So don’t delay, please send us your application today.