Marketing & Communication Leader - Business Area Children’s & Lighting
- Älmhult, Sweden
Can you really reach out to the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of the woods in the south of Sweden? In Älmhult you can. Inter IKEA Range & Supply, R&S, is a core business within Inter IKEA Group, responsible for developing and supplying the global IKEA range. IKEA of Sweden AB, or IoS, is one of two core units within Range & Supply, and is responsible for developing and determining the IKEA range and making it available to stores and customers all over the world. IoS is based in Älmhult – the heart of IKEA and the center of IKEA range development and supply chain.
Do you have a passion for marketing and communication? Do you easily create unique and relevant communication for products? Can you transform product information to truly inspiring customer benefits that turn interested shoppers into keen IKEA lovers? Here it is. Your chance to take on the challenge as Marketing & Communication Leader in one of the most influential small towns in the world!
We are on an exciting journey the years to come where we will strengthen the core of what we do in Range & Supply. One of these areas is Marketing & Communication where the focus is on the strategic development of the IKEA marketing and communication, brand building communication as well as communication to the many people inside and outside of IKEA. It's about sharing what we do and why we do it to create engagement and build curiosity and trust for the IKEA brand.
Right now we are looking for a Marketing & Communication Leader in Business area Children’s & Lighting (CHILI). Come and join an interesting business and a great team where we are working together, taking part and wanting to make a difference!
The Business Area (BA) where you will work is BA Children’s & Lighting. We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward people with a passion for home furnishing. We come from all over the world, but we share an inspiring vision: “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. We develop safe and affordable products for a beautiful, playful and more sustainable life at home. Our mind set is that we only offer children’s products that we would give to our own children. And we are passionate about how light can make us feel at home. Everything we do is based on a spirit of togetherness and enthusiasm, and now we are looking for someone who share our positive attitude and values.
As Marketing & Communication Leader (M&C Leader), you will be a part of the Range & Product team and together with your colleagues you will lead, plan and ensure that the range and products delivers to set objectives and goals in connection to strategies and business plans, throughout the entire life cycle end to end within the entire IKEA value chain.
As M&C Leader you are responsible to develop, plan and execute the agenda for an impactful and attractive offer through marketing and communication to reach IKEA positioning, brand and growth objectives. You are responsible to create a unique value proposition based on competition, business segments and specific market conditions with the aim to gain long term market share. Together with the Marketing & Communication Manager and Marketing & Communication function, you will lead the amplification of the offer through range and product communication, and range presentation as well as contributing in sharing how we do business.
The Marketing & Communication Leader is part of the M&C function and reports to the Marketing & Communication Manager.
In the role we believe that you have:
- excellent ability in creating marketing and communication impact and processes to inspire, communicate and visualize concepts and ideas to create the best possible offer
- great leadership capabilities to lead business and people in a fast moving environment
- strong ability to interpret, transform and execute strategies and insights into development needs and marketing and communication plans
- strong ability to combine working on a strategic level with taking action on an tactical/operational level as well as identify opportunities and gaps
- strong ability to contribute to overall performance and the development of the range and product team
- experience in creating and managing business planning with good understanding of the value chain
- knowledge of the prerequisites for successful digital presence
- excellent ability to, built on insights and customer needs, develop a strong and commercial customer meeting through marketing and communication
- guided by simplicity and always strive to exceed customer expectations by delivering high quality communication
- several years of experience working with marketing and a solid track record of marketing and/or communication, preferably with an academic degree in Marketing or equivalent
You could have experience from working in IKEA – with communication in Range & Supply, in retail at a Service office, but also a background from other businesses working with Marketing & Communication. You are a true ambassador of IKEA culture and values and you are fluent in English, both spoken and written!
Does this sound like your next challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest 25 November 2020. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the positions, please contact Boel Lagerwall, Marketing & Communication Manager, Business Area Children’s & Lighting. [email protected] If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Marie Sandman on +46 768545309.