Embedded Software Engineer (Device Firmware), IKEA Home smart
- Älmhult, Sweden
At IKEA Home smart we develop smart products to enable a smarter living at home for people all over the world. We are curious and passionate about creating solutions that solve real-life problems and help people realize their dreams. All on their terms. Because we believe everyone deserves a smart home. To succeed, we look for new ways of integrating technology and digital solutions into furniture and life at home. We explore opportunities throughout the home and we work closely with other Business Areas to both drive transformation of existing range and develop new smart products to attract new customers to IKEA. We’re still at the beginning and there is a lot more to come.
A lot of exciting things are happening within Business Area (BA) IKEA Home smart. Now we’re looking for engineers that can work with both embedded soft- and hardware, ready to take our embedded engineering competence to the next level. Could this bring out the techy nerd in you? Are you up for the challenge? If yes, then we would like to get to know you.
We are building our products on hardware and software platforms and reference designs and that is where your expertise comes in. Hardware and software solutions need to be reviewed and evaluated. You will be part of the agile product development team and work closely together with our manufacturing partners and system teams through the full life cycle of the embedded soft- and hardware. Technology wise you’ll be focusing on; low power devices, battery power, power converters and micro controllers, but also develop real-time embedded firmware for smart home IoT systems including lights, remote controls, blinds etc. Furthermore you will:
- Ensure that system level tests are fully designed and implemented to validate that products work as intended
- Use in-circuit emulators, digital scope, and logic analyse to debug and troubleshoot in real hardware environment and collaborate with QA on resolving issues
- Assist engineering staff in understanding firmware development issues for recommend ways to reduce development cycles and increase product quality
- Follow the company’s firmware development and quality management processes
We are at the beginning of a thrilling journey as a new Business Area within IKEA and we will, together, find the best way of working. At the same time as we are giving support to all development teams. You will join a great team and together we will make bring our amazing products to the many people. For us the sky is the limit (kind of).
We believe that curiosity is one of your biggest assets. You have a solid background in embedded software development and you have been exposed to a variety of different consumer products during your career, but feel ready for your next step. Maybe you feel ready to take the step from consultancy business or ready to try a new scope of consumer products? We believe that you’ve come across some of these technologies and that you are experienced in working in an agile way:
- Experienced in writing C code
- Design, implementation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines using Gerrit, Git and Jenkins and help with configuration management
- Understanding of operation of transformless power supply and products based on it
- Review and support during hardware design and implementation of microcontroller based products both powered from mains and by batteries.
- Knowledge about microcontroller interfaces both analogue (ADC, DAC) and digital (I2C, UART, SPI etc)
- Basic understanding of the operation of different power supply topologies such as buck, boost and LDOs
Experience with Zigbee and Bluetooth, knowledge of silabs ember zigbee stack is a plus. It could seem like we’re looking for a unicorn, but in fact we are looking for multiple new colleagues in this area, so no pressure! Tell us about you and the assignment will be based on that!
The position is placed in Älmhult. If you are having questions regarding the process contact Recruitment Specialist Maria Fröberg Larsson +46 (0)766 190 996. Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. Last day for application is 29th of November.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA of Sweden is a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities.