People & Culture (Human Resources) Intern
- Curitiba, State of Paraná, Brazil
About the company
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing Serviços Comerciais Ltda. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in King of Prussia, PA and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Who You Are
We are looking for a committed and inspiring People & Culture/Human Resources Intern who is passionate about People and Business. You have an interest and drive to work with people, building trust and partnership to reach common goals. You are a highly organized problem solver who is motivated to secure people processes that deliver to the human resources agenda. Ideally, you have an education in Human Resources or equivalent education. You will also need a curious and outgoing personality that positively impact in our office. Additionally, we believe that you:
· Have an interest in working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
· Have the ability to support and enable change.
· Enjoy process-oriented work and ensuring compliance in all areas of HR.
· Have an advanced level of English language (spoken and written).
· Have an understanding on Brazilian Labor Legislation.
Finally, it’s important that you are an ambassador for our values, have a “can do” mindset and a strong ability to work independently and in a team!
In the role you will:
Being an HR Intern at IKEA means several things. You will be responsible for securing operational excellence in implementing and maintaining HR processes, working methods, and local legal requirements. In addition, you will collaborate with the HR team that we call People & Culture Team, to support the organization in adapting to a new digital HR environment.
· Support People & Culture (P&C) Business Partners
· Together with P&C Business Partners contribute to the implementation of our Digital System – Workday
· Work closely with leaders and co-workers to contribute to work conditions.
· Collaborate with P&C and cross functional groups to implement best practices.
· Collaborate with HR Operations for delivery of Operational activities
About the assignment
The HR Intern will contribute to the development of the business and people in many ways. You are responsible for many different tasks. Among other things, you:
· Act as a cultural example in ways that demonstrate the IKEA values.
· Support in the implementation of Workday.
· Initiate actions within Workday, and review and approve actions initiated by others.
· Maintain compliance in filing processes and support in the implementation of a new e-filing system.
· Support in a variety of other HR operations areas and HR systems, with an ability to multi-task in different areas on a daily basis.
· Contribute to the positioning of IKEA as an attractive place to work and the preferred employer in the relevant market.
· Contribute to all areas of HR through projects and collaboration with the HR team and stakeholders in the organization.
This position is based in Curitiba, Brazil. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible. Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers within the whole Americas and have offices in King of Prussia, USA; Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html