Engineering Leader with experience in retail design| IKEA Expansion | Core Business Franchise
- Malmö, Sweden
Inter IKEA Systems B.V is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks. In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept. We ensure that the concept is up to date, relevant, and implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users. We facilitate people in the value chain by developing new ways of working supported by process, methods, tools and services, and we also develop the business by leading:
- The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
- When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at low cost.
We offer an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways of working and dare to ask: What if…? We also offer possibilities to develop yourself and your career globally.
We provide unique IKEA specialist competence in developing, designing, establishing and operating Customer Meeting Points (IKEA Stores and places where customer meets IKEA) based on a market approach across all IKEA markets.
A focus area until 2030 is to transform IKEA into a circular business and become climate positive. Our contribution is to define a common engineering design framework/platform that enables to design a Customer Meeting Points that contributes to this.
We coach, mentor, support and challenge IKEA retailers in their expansion plans.
We cooperate with our IKEA franchisees in 50+ countries all over the world. We work in a multicultural environment, were we are comfortable using English (spoken and written) to communicate. International travel to meet our customers and our business partners is also part of our job.
As an Engineering Leader at Customer Meeting Points you:
- Lead and coordinate one or several key competence areas within engineering that enable preconditions for commercial and operational success.
- Provide guidance, support, documentation and training, define requirements, best practices and alternatives for customer meeting points.
- Contribute to establishment projects during the Customer Meeting Point design process with relevant service offers with a focus on safety and CO₂-footprint.
- Support franchisees organisation with questions related to engineering in the projects, in context of each organisation having direct responsibility for executing its concept and business requirements.
- Take an active role in the team and collaborate with architects and specialists in various projects and activities.
- Lead and/or participate in competence networks (e.g. engineering and sustainability)
We believe that you meet the following requirements:
- are an engineer with a passion for retail and sustainability.
- Proven skills in creative leadership, used to coach both colleagues as well as customers/franchisees.
- Desire to take responsibility to develop and create even better ways to build and construct customer meeting points in a sustainable and cost-conscious way.
- You have the ability to keep the strategic focus and at the same time bring it down to tactical solutions.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and find it easy to build relationships and earn trust, with an IKEA value based approach. Excellent communication skills and proven experience in both coaching and facilitation.
- You are taking responsibility for action and results, making things happen and are interested in solving challenges by thinking flow oriented.
Based on your profile we also believe that you have specific competencies:
- Master degree in Engineering, or the equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of working experience in the construction field.
- You have a solid retail background with a minimum of 5 years of working experience within retail industry as an engineer.
- You possess profound knowledge in building economics
- Project management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, control and close a project.
- Construction management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, organize, execute and manage the construction of Customer Meeting Points.
- Sustainable construction and building performance: Knowledge of principles of energy, water, emissions and waste management in a construction project in order to keep the environmental impact to a minimum; included the knowledge of energy modelling and life cycle cost evaluation.
- Construction materials and engineering solutions: Knowledge of different construction materials and engineering solutions, suitability in accordance with price, functionality, durability and otherwise pros and cons.
- Property safety: Knowledge of requirements in providing a structurally safe property, equipped with life safety & property protection systems (e.g. fire protection systems and evacuation principles).
Does this sound like your next challenge? We welcome your application!
Please send your application – CV, and motivation letter - In English by 12th of December 2020. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at Inter IKEA Systems and why you would be a good fit for this role.