Sanctioned Party Screening Reviewers, approx. 6 months from Nov/Dec 2020
- 4133 Pratteln, Switzerland
Hej! Come join the Risk Management & Compliance Team as a Sanctioned Party Screening Reviewer! Over the past several years, the political and economic climate has sharpened the focus on trade sanctions and in consequence regulations are tightening and enforcement is increasing. IKEA understands the importance of sanctions compliance and takes a strong stance within the business to implement the necessary controls and ensure they are complied with. Over the past couple of months, a Sanctioned Party Screening Project has been working within IKEA to implement an automated and manual sanctions screening tool.
Why are sanctions important for IKEA?
- We want to secure compliance with global sanctions regulations.
- Potential sanctions violations can have significant impact on the IKEA brand and the companies operating under the IKEA brand, as well as on the individuals involved in the violation.
- The potential reputational damage is an important consideration, which includes the loss of trust from our business partners and law enforcement authorities.
- Sanctioned activities can lead to criminal charges and risk prison sentences (depending on the national legislation).
- Dealing with a sanctioned entity is a considerable risk that could lead to significant loss of business, disruption of our supply chain and incapacity to use the conventional banking system.
About the role
- You will be working with SAP Global Trade Services (SAP GTS) solution, an IT solution.
- The SAP GTS tool will be used to screen our business partners (products suppliers, indirect suppliers, sub-suppliers, B2B customers, banks, etc.) and final stage coworker applicants against the latest updates on the national and international sanctions lists published by different authorities around the world.
- The tool will generate alerts which you will then need to assess to see if there is a “False Positive”, “Potential Hit” or a “True Hit” against one of our business partners.
- You will be conducting a first level review on each alert to determine if further investigation is needed or escalation is required. This involves assessing the reason for the alerts and the similarities in the name and/or address between the two entities.
- In some instances you will need to conduct public domain searches, access Descartes MK Denial to check for sanctions regulations or access IKEA documents.
If you share our vision, business idea and values and you are passionate about making a better life for the many people, this is the right place for you.
- Attention to detail & analytical skills
- Quick learner and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of SAP system, screening processes or sanctions regulations would be an advantage.
Does this sound like your next challenge? We look forward to receiving your motivation letter and application in English. For further information please contact the recruiting manager Emma Newman, +41 79 772 40 90. If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact the HR Manager Gabriela Zürcher +41 79 753 20 94.