Packaging Solution Engineer
- Älmhult, Sweden
Important information due to the Covid-19 virus:
We need to inform you that all ongoing recruitment activities at IKEA Range & Supply have been temporarily slowed down due to the Covid-19 virus.
Please expect a delay regarding the recruitment process. Please not there could be a delay in the communication from recruitment teams and hiring managers.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduces 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores globally. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
We are now looking for a Packaging Solution Engineer
We are looking for a Packaging Solution Engineer to our Business Area Textile, Social Entrepreneurship and Collections.
You will be part of a product development team with an overall responsibility for the packaging solutions, to secure that our products reach our customers home neat and clean in all our sales channels. Our packaging solutions are and has always been an important part of our business.
You will work in close co-operation with different stakeholders throughout the value chain as well as throughout the product lifecycle. This is done with a continuous improvement and right from the beginning approach, and always with a strong customer focus.
As a Packaging Solution Engineer you will:
• be responsible to develop, optimize, improve and document packaging solutions based on set standards and solutions, always with a continuous improvement approach and a strong customer focus
• be responsible to verify that the packaging solution comply with set requirements and customer needs
• work in close co-operation with stakeholders throughout the value chain to identify needs, requirements, limitations and opportunities for best possible packaging solution for manufacturing as well as for storage and transport.
• contribute in the development of IKEA common packaging standards, requirements and shared solutions
• follow performance related to packaging and identify packaging improvement potentials and lead the execution of the same
• contribute to the circularity agenda with your packaging expertise
• be part of a development team and work in close co-operation with colleagues both within the Business Area, as well as colleagues from other organizations/functions, for example engineering matrix, material category, purchasing, supplier, distribution, transport and retail.
You have a University Degree in engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge, preferably within the area of packaging materials and solutions. You have experience in product development and/or creating and documenting packaging drawings, requirements and verification methods.
You have good communication skills and you like to work together with others to reach common goals.
You also have the ability to take the lead in your own work as well as the ability to drive and take initiative to improve our ways of working. You are solution oriented with the ability to prioritize and take quick decisions. IKEA of Sweden is a truly global environment, with colleagues from all over the world, therefore you need to be fluent in English, both writte and spoken.
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden. Älmhult has commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg three times a day.
Are you up for the challenge? Then this just might be for you!
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this the recruitment process please contact please contact recruitmentspecialist Christina Appelqvist 004676-854 51 98
Please note that we will continuously look at applications so don't delay, make sure to show us your interest in the role as soon as possible, 27 th November 2020 at the latest. We look forward to receiving your application!