Sustainability Compliance Auditor - Sustainability Compliance(SH)
- Shanghai, China
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Secure that all IKEA requirements related to Sustainability are met by IKEA business partners in a Purchasing & Logistics Area by:
- Performing IWAY and other sustainability compliance audits in accordance with all relevant working methods (including verification of traceability for critical materials and animal welfare)
- Supporting business units and suppliers of the Purchasing & Logistics Area in the IWAY implementation process
- Perform IWAY verification audits across the IKEA Groups in alignment with the “Common IWAY Auditing” framework.
Sustainability Compliance Auditor will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Plan and perform IWAY audits, in accordance with IWAY Working Methods and all other relevant mandatory documents
- Responsible to gather and analyse information and facts to draw conclusions about compliance/non compliance, using auditing methods including in-depth interviews with individual and/or group interviews with different parties at supplier
- Responsible for root cause analysis of non-compliance and for creating understanding for supplier in order to achieve compliance
- Responsible to issue final IWAY approval and ensure that all relevant IKEA systems are updated in accordance with IWAY working methods
- Responsible to perform initial sustainability compliance assessments for new suppliers Support the business development teams during the IWAY implementation process at supplier (incl. sub- suppliers)
- Train and support suppliers, business development teams and new IWAY Auditors in IWAY and compliance agenda;
- Share “IWAY good business practice” gained during the auditing process at different manufacturing or operations sites, contributing to the business development;
- Responsible to perform other sustainability compliance verification activities related, such as traceability verification for critical materials and animal welfare
- Secure timely and accurate audit information in the supplier review database, SRDB;
- Active member of Sustainability Compliance matrix - contribute to short and long term sustainability compliance action plan, prepare and implement relevant activities
- At any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and role model for fact-based business leadership.
- Knowledge of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially IKEA Supply and Sustainability Strategies;
- Good knowledge of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to Democratic Design;
- Deep knowledge of relevant IWAY Standard, forestry, cotton, water, leather, down and feather requirements and related documents including the framework documents related to common IWAY Auditing;
- Deep knowledge about specific IWAY related issues (eg. chemicals, emissions, waste management, water treatment systems etc.);
- Good knowledge of different industrial set ups;
- Deep knowledge of local and national legislation in IWAY related areas;
- Deep knowledge of IWAY and compliance related IT systems;
- Knowledge of Social and Environment Management Systems (ISO 14001, SA8000, OHSAS etc.);
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Ability to perform IWAY audits in accordance with the conditions specified in the Working Method; “IWAY Auditor Competence Development” based on Sustainability Compliance Auditor Approval Working;
- Capability to perform analysis and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations;
- Capability to build relationship built on trust, to support long-term partnership;
- Capability to organize and work independently;
- Capability to use relevant interview and auditing techniques;
- Ability to facilitate trainings and workshops in inspiring way and to clearly express ideas and opinions;
- Ability to lead local/global sustainability asignments/ projects.
- Interest of people's life at home, energy, drive and commitment to deliver better product for the many people;
- Highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in as well as the reality of production;
- Desire to find new improvement opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people;
- Interest and drive to find common interests and agenda, to build trust and partnership to reach common goals;
- Honest with high integrity;
- Motivate and inspire suppliers and business teams to continuously maintain and improve compliance performance.