- Nantong, Jiangsu, China
The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and supply of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the Inter IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and employs 1500 people based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing and Logistic areas, we are also represented at several other sites around the world.
IKEA Components in China is responsible for packaging and distribution of furniture components. The packaging is done of automatic packaging lines. Right now we are on a growth journey and are planning a new expansion in Nantong. The new factory will be high tech operation running 24/7. In the new factory we will invest in new technique for automatic warehousing and internal logistic.
• Support in implementation of the Sustainability agenda: sustainable product development, responsible production (IWAY), energy, water, raw material efficiency/waste, chemicals, forestry
• Sets, together with Quality and Sustainability Manager on site, priorities and develops & implements common action plans to meet goals.
• Responsible to hold together and secure system compliance related to sustainability, such as IWAY, SSI, FSC…etc.
• Follow up on IWAY on site, secure competence and training and if needed raise needs of common ways of working etc.
• Develops and leads internal projects to improve the overall sustainability score and foot print as well as improve our ways of working.
• Responsible to collect the internal SSI data and develop the sites APL built on goals set on SSI score
• Facilitate sustainability related training for new and existing co-workers as well as suppliers.
• Supports business teams and contract owners to implement IWAY( to be an integral part of suppliers’mangement system and SSI at the non-category suppliers (where applicable) sustainability data and provide relevant analysis to support business decisions.
• Supports business teams and contract owners in the sustainability assessment of potential new and exciting suppliers, as well as continuously aligning and improving the way we work with the PLA.
• Be an active member of relevant global matrix group and contribute to the sustainability agenda development by leading and /or contributing to global development projects.
· Good knowledge of IKEA Strategy landscape, especially purchasing and sustainability strategies
· Good knowledge of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to democratic design
· Deep knowledge of IWAY standard and IWAY related working methods
· Knowledge of IWAY and compliance related IT system
· • Good knowledge in project and change management
· Knowledge of social and environment management system (ISO 14001, SA8000, OHSAS etc)
· A specialist of at least one selected sustainability area *eg. Energy , water or FSC)
Do you have what it takes to challenge and uphold an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality?
This role is responsible to deliver facility and equipment management procedures and services to ensure reliable and effective machine operation and sustainable, safe and clean environment in P&D.
Are you passionate about leading people and developing business? Do you want to be part of something big? Then this might be the next challenge for you.
Please contact responsible HR Emma Xu for more details.