IKEA Components - Facility Manager
- Nantong, Jiangsu, China
The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and supply of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the Inter IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and employs 1500 people based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing and Logistic areas, we are also represented at several other sites around the world.
IKEA Components in China is responsible for packaging and distribution of furniture components. The packaging is done of automatic packaging lines. Right now we are on a growth journey and are planning a new expansion in Nantong. The new factory will be high tech operation running 24/7. In the new factory we will invest in new technique for automatic warehousing and internal logistic.
- Setup and maintain full implementation of the Total Productive Maintenance(TPM) systems for all equipment’s, machines and other assets;
- Ensuring the facilities and surroundings is in shape as new by managing maintenance and property. In same time secure that our investments minimize the environmental impact and that consumptions(like energy, gas, water etc.) are as efficient as possible;
- Provide knowledge and guidance for initial setup and maintaining of spare parts inventory system;
- Review, update and add preventive maintenance checks on all equipment for operators and technicians;
- Provide direction for implementation and sustainment of 5S principles
- Procure and manage service providers and contractors for the facility operations in cooperation with the other relevant functions. Covering power distribution, security, parking, greenery, cleaning, waste handling, canteen equipment and technical systems such as heating, cooling, air compressors, solar panels etc. Maintain adequate parts in inventory and order spare parts as necessary.
- Conduct all efforts in conjunction with a safe work environment and comply with all environmental and government regulations
- Establish, carry out and optimize annual preventive maintenance plan for all equipment and facilities and secure the implementation.
- Monitor, track and evaluate the equipment documents, and work instruction to make the effective execution.
- Lead the facility team to analyse and improve the machine breakdown root cause and prevent re-occur, reduce machine downtime.
- Responsible for annual purchasing for spare parts, ensure a higher level availability for spare parts and control total maintenance cost.
- Provide professional training packages about how to use and maintain the equipment properly, create SOP for daily maintenance and spot check.
- Budget and follow up responsible for within areas of responsibility including consolidating and analyse monthly results for running cost to secure continuous improvements and continues cost savings.
- Live up to and uses IKEA Value and Human Resource Ideas on people management. Be responsible for the recruitments and development of the team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required
- Proven strong leadership experience within technical field
- 5+ years' experience in a TPM role with asset maintenance management
- 1-2 years'experience on supervisory positions in multinational company
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, automation, including electrical, pneumatically, robotically and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, assembly drawings, specifications, and schematics
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent project software is a plus
- Deep interested in new technique and ability to create strategic direction for future agenda.
- Good command of English
Do you have what it takes to challenge and uphold an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality?
This role is responsible to deliver facility and equipment management procedures and services to ensure reliable and effective machine operation and sustainable, safe and clean environment in P&D.
Are you passionate about leading people and developing business? Do you want to be part of something big? Then this might be the next challenge for you.
Please contact responsible HR Emma Xu for more details.