Production Engineer in Textile Products Team
- Karachi, Pakistan
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishing at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing and Logistics Area South East Europe and Pakistan (PLASEEP) is one of total eight Purchasing Operations Areas within IKEA, and our co-workers are based in Istanbul, Bucharest and Karachi.
We are currently looking for a Production Engineer in Category Textile, Textile Products Team, based in Karachi on a 11 months fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
Production Engineer will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. You are the main contact towards suppliers and work as part of the business team together with suppliers to develop and secure the production process handling of quality deviations and secure compliance to all IKEA requirements.
- Responsible for quality assurance
- Responsible for supplier development for quality and manufacturing
- Lead the running range
- Lead product deviation process with sense of urgency
- Lead industrialization of minor new product development
- Secure implementation of new and updated requirements
- Lead production risk assessments and secure final inspections at suppliers
- Evaluate potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems
For this position holder it is important to know how to build and maintain business relations, having excellent communication skills, being a good team worker and empathetic, respecting values and being persistent. You are able to prioritize, easily adapt to changes and willing to take responsibility is also necessary.
We believe that you have:
- Engineering degree in Textiles;
- At least 4 years of working experience in production environment and/or process development in Textiles;
- Good knowledge of six sigma, lean production methods and tools;
- Speak English fluently.
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than November 24, 2020.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receive your application, in English!