QA Engineer – Software development
- Älmhult, Sweden
Inter IKEA Group have started the digital journey. This is a journey which require that a new technology foundation is established for Core Business. We have started the work to set up the technical services needed to support an IT landscape that will be developed and operated in a hybrid cloud model. The technical services we deliver will enable the IT landscape to transform and take leverage on cloud computing services. We will contribute to IKEA direction by making it possible for any service 'XaaS' to be translated into an affordable, accessible and sustainable product.
These services will enable us to create a better IKEA. We are looking for the people that take an individual responsibility to make sure that we deliver together as a team. Great colleagues, believing in a great IKEA vision with curiosity, drive and technical competence with a desire to make a difference, please come and join us. We take a leading approach; transforming complexity for the few into simplicity for the many. IKEA culture and values will guide us on the way, today and tomorrow
You will be part of a team that establish and drives the common software development platform in a hybrid cloud model. You will provide direction, expertise and produce testing solutions in an ever-changing world of technology. Everything that can be automated must be automated, and the earlier in the development phase you start to think and act quality the better.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to provide QA leadership and guidance at the same time as getting your hands dirty getting project and products delivered, while working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment;
- Provide QA technical leadership and direction for the development teams by leading testing efforts across sprint teams.
- Work closely with development teams and continuously make sure that quality and automation is at the heart of what we think and do.
- Continue to stay current by identifying, researching and exploring industry-standard QA strategies, toolsets and other recommended best practices.
- Create better and more robust automated testing solutions. Serve as a subject matter expert by realizing a maintainable test automation solution, ensuring test scripts adhere to coding standards (and vice versa).
- Be an advocate of quality assurance and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Have solid leadership experience and a strong belief in the IKEA leadership approach
- Be passionate about deliver high quality software and a passion of bringing together people, process and tools to successfully get there.
- Be curious, eager to find better ways and have the ability to bring people together to develop good practices and drive continuous improvement.
- Experience in working with infrastructure and integration
- Be brave to challenge the present with a vision and plan for the future.
- Be knowledgeable in test development and test automation, where cloud native, micro service architecture and CI/CD is a natural part of you experience.
- Have experience in developing and running continuous testing projects and the understanding of what that requires from an organization
- You actively acquire new knowledge, skills and champions new methods, with an always up to date understanding of what good looks like.
If you are confident that you will be a good fit to lead QA initiatives in our organization, we would love to meet you!
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden.
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role. We are interviewing continuously and will the close the advert when we find the right candidate. So dont hesitate to apply today by submitting your CV and motivational letter in English latest 8th of November.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hiring manager Pierre Steene at +46 73-862 61 29, Sonja Wilson at +46 723527756 or Magnus Lindberg at +46 732320003. About the recruitment process contact Recruitment Specialist Jakob Bergström at +46 70-147 48 90.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products