Business Developer, Supply Chain Operations
- Warsaw, Poland
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a Business Developer to secure the business objectives according to relevant IKEA strategic direction and Category Business Plan. You establish and develop high performing service providers' (SP) base, meeting the needs of business and our customers today and in the future. The aim for you is to be the preferred business partner for existing and new IKEA SPs. You contribute to the optimisation of the value chain that creates better products and services at lower total costs to reach more of the many customers.
You will work for Category Area Transport & report to the Business Development Manager.
Your main assignments as Business Developer are:
• Being responsible for business development with a defined number of service providers (SP) and a defined business scope. Developing effective relationships with SPs to secure their performance in all respects (as per defined goals and KPIs).
• Professionally challenging and supporting SPs to constantly improve all aspects of their performance and capabilities, based on current and future needs. Cooperating with SPs to continuously increase their overall competitiveness through new business opportunities, such as better networks, alternative drive-trains and fuels, better equipment, intermodal solution, innovation, digitalisation, etc.
• Identifying and proposing new carriers based on long-term business needs. Participating in SP Classification process, in identification of "prioritized" and “potential prioritized” SPs.
• Identifying and acting on business opportunities, actively taking part in tenders and other procurement activities according to relevant working methods. Acting on opportunities & creating preconditions for SPs' production cost-down & securing respective price impact and development of all relevant business performance criteria.
• Maintaining extensive knowledge of relevant transport market conditions, keeping up-to-date with industry trends, incl. innovative approaches, being aware of economical influences (resulting to e.g. network/flow changes, etc.). Following the development of legal/regulatory framework.
• Establishing and securing fulfilment of Frame Agreement and Sub-agreements. Responsible to secure SPs' IWAY compliance, compliance to Supply Chain Security requirements and financial screening requirements.
• Acting as IKEA ambassador towards external parties, and performing business responsibilities based on value- and fact-based business approach.
We want you, because:
• You have a wide experience (at least 3 years) in working with purchasing and business development within Transportation or elsewhere. Experience from other parts of the Supply Chain like Retail or Purchase Development is very valuable.
• You have understanding of transport industry, market conditions and macroeconomic trends and how those influence transport business
• You have been successfully developing and handling businesses from tactical and strategic perspectives, preferably in multinational environment
• You have experience of interacting with external partners including service provider management
• You have excellent communication & negotiation skills and the ability to build trustful relationships
• You have good knowledge in building & evaluating fact-based business cases
• You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
• You have driving licence cat. B
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than October 31st 2020. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated, if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receive your application, in English!