SCD - Automation & Design Developer Intralogistics Planning Expert for Layout and Design of Logistics Units
- Älmhult, Sweden
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Intralogistics organization is responsible to establish, lead, support and develop logistics solutions for the various IKEA units that have a logistical and fulfilment component, including the development and innovation agenda of intralogistics at IKEA global. In practical terms, Intralogistics shall lead and educate in creating concepts, processes and solutions for IKEA Handling and Storage as well as to act as center of expertise for all establishments of logistics units around the globe. The organization is in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automated goods handling.
As an Automation & Design Developer you´re responsible for the execution of automation & design tasks in intralogistics projects. You will also develop layouts and designs, perform analyses of existing layouts and provide guidance for improvements of intralogistics systems and solutions. You are responsible perform tender processes and provide input on contract management and you are an expertise for all automation & design related requests. Moreover, you are responsible for the performance of project based business analyses, risk assessments, scenario planning and to draw conclusions to support the right business decisions for automation and design within Intralogistics and secure component development as part of the component based planning process.
As the Automation & Design Developer you will among other tasks
- Develop Intralogistics business requirements and specifications related to automation and design components
- Perform data analytics as part of Intralogistics projects or reviews
- Perform Material and Goods flow simulation/analysis as part of Intralogistics projects or reviews
- Execute the planning and design of Intralogistics concepts and components
- Verify technical components and their commissioning as part of Intralogistics projects or reviews
- Perform the tendering of automation (including the vendor selection)
- Support On-Site Commissioning teams in the implementation of the Intralogistics Set Up for intralogistics units
- Responsible to keep relevant IKEA standards updated aligned to relevant regulations
- Responsible for verification of built Intralogistics equipment according to specified standards and relevant regulations
- Travels are included periodically in this position
As a person, you have a strong interest in supply chain and intralogistics as well as in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics. You have a passion for planning and leading in a global assignment and to drive and develop the business and yourself to deliver excellent results. Moreover, you have a desire to collaborate and interact with various stakeholders.
We also see that you have:
- Strong knowledge of Intralogistics
- Deep knowledge in dimensioning and planning of layout and design for a fulfilment unit
- Basic understanding of Warehouse Management Systems and Material flow Control Systems
- Good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering result
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
This position is based in Älmhult, Sweden. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 1th of November. If you have questions regarding the role please contact Andreas Reinhoff +49 162 2605433. If you have questions about the recruitment process please contact Helena Sjölander at +4672-352 79 47. Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers..