SCD Portfolio Leader
- Dortmund, Germany
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Intralogistics organisation is responsible to establish, lead, support and develop logistics solutions for the various IKEA units that have a logistical and fulfilment component, including the development and innovation agenda of intralogistics at IKEA global. In practical terms, Intralogistics shall lead and educate in creating concepts, processes and solutions for IKEA Handling and Storage as well as to act as centre of expertise for all establishments of logistics units around the globe. The organisation is in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automated goods handling.
As a Portfolio Leader you are responsible to prioritise projects and gain commitment to resource allocation to support the delivery. You provide a structured approach and a clear direction for global project management and establish credibility with the business to steer and focus resources. You will lead the development of service agreements and create status reports of projects and initiatives to the wider Supply Chain Development, including risks, issues and escalation. You will be responsible to lead the development and deployment of a user-friendly portfolio-management toolkit.
About the assignment
As the Portfolio Leader you will, among other tasks:
- Contribute to professional and long term relationship with service requestors through IKEA way of doing business, based on cooperation, trust and transparency and partner up with stakeholders across the organization.
- Support project set up, initiate projects and agree stakeholders, project steering meetings, project scope and allocation of resources by aligning initiatives
- Develop and implement portfolio management tools and maintain, manage, and ensure the data integrity of information related to projects by developing necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way.
- Report project and portfolio status and flag issues and risks and identify business benefits, impacts consequences and risks
- Be the single point of entry for service requests, confirm scope, timelines and resource requirements by ensuring fact-based analysis
- Manage the intake/demand process for new projects and drive accountability of the Project Leaders to adhere to the project deliverables/milestones
- Travels are included periodically in this position
As a person, you have a strong passion to guide the organisation into the future, having a strong drive in the field of logistics and project management. You strive to obtain a good collaboration and interaction with a big number of various stakeholders in various IKEA units and externally with the Intralogistics suppliers and development partners. Moreover, you have very good capabilities to structure and provide all key information needed that align with strategic objectives. You have excellent communication skills and you are able to structure, guide and support decision making and priorization.
We also see that you have:
- The desire and capability to be a great communicator and by this build trust and relationships to handle multiple stakeholders in a global environment.
- Capability to represent IKEA towards external suppliers and to be an IKEA ambassador in everything you do.
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to drive productive conversations and create an environment that enables open challenge across all levels, active listening skills and ability to provide constructive feedback
- A strong knowledge on project and programme management
- A desire to do things differently and challenge current ways of working and the ability to move with speed and direction
- A continuous improvement mindset to implement and influence change within own team and project teams with competing priorities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
This position is based in Dortmund, Germany. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 8th of November 2020. If you have questions regarding the role please contact Inga Roling +49 151 440 64 699. If you have questions about the recruitment process please contact Stefanie Röwer at +49 151 440 64 604. Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
We welcome all applications. In the first selection process, we will consider candidates from current Supply Chain Development organisation.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.