SCD Innovation Leader
- Dortmund, Germany
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Intralogistics organisation is responsible to establish, lead, support and develop logistics solutions for the various IKEA units that have a logistical and fulfilment component, including the development and innovation agenda of intralogistics at IKEA global. In practical terms, Intralogistics shall lead and educate in creating concepts, processes and solutions for IKEA Handling and Storage as well as to act as centre of expertise for all establishments of logistics units around the globe. The organisation is in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automated goods handling.
About the job
As an Innovation Leader you will support the wider Supply Chain agenda by taking a lead and being in the forefront as a mulit-channel retailer meeting our customers. You will support IKEA´s growth by developing innovative, efficient and flexible handling and storage solutions and products, available for any IKEA unit. Furthermore, you will support the development networks by prototyping and testing innovative solutions, considering environmental, health and safety regulations and will secure that the execution of development and documentation is on a high level which enables the integration as a standard or optional solution for intralogistics units.
About the assignment
As the Innovation Leader you will among other tasks
- Lead / steer / coach the development of high performing handling and storage equipment in own projects or through local development projects
- Manage and optimize the existing handling and storage equipment range within given frames based on an efficient, safe and healthy handling and storage process
- Collect, check, evaluate and process all needs and ideas, which are raised by different franchisees
- Initiate improvements for handling and storage equipment or changes in the process linked to the use of handling and storage equipment
- Secure an effective information flow as well as to maintain a quality control of the documents
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness, research new products and developments
- Support the Development networks, finding innovation solutions and prototyping
- Transfer Industrial Standard to IKEA Proven Solutions
- Create cooperation with Intralogistics Innovators (companies)
- Travels are included periodically in this position
As a person, you have a strong interest in supply chain and intralogistics as well as in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics. You have a passion for planning and leading in a global assignment and to drive and develop the business and yourself to deliver excellent results. Moreover, you have a desire to collaborate and interact with various stakeholders.
We also see that you have:
- Strong knowledge of Intralogistics and related Handling & Storage components
- A passion for exploring new ways and solutions and the desire to dare to do things differently and contributing in dynamic teams
- A high interest in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics
- A good knowledge of Ikea´s processes,and organisations
- A wide understanding of supply chain and operational reality in logistics
- Strong analytical, strategic, tactical and time management skills
- Good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering result
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
This position is based in Dortmund, Germany. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 8th of November 2020. If you have questions regarding the role please contact Debbie Pye at +49 151 44 060911. If you have questions about the recruitment process please contact Stefanie Röwer at +49 151 440 64 604. Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
We welcome all applications. In the first selection process, we will consider candidates from current Supply Chain Development organisation.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.