Business Navigator, IKEA Planning Experience (IPEX) | IKEA Retail Experience | Core Business Franchise
- Malmö, Sweden
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world and to be accessible, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
We are looking for people who have experience from diverse retail organizations and other parts of the value chain ─ from supply to product design, development to manufacturing and everything in between. We offer a unique opportunity to develop a holistic view of the IKEA business. When you grow, IKEA grows too. Do you want to contribute?
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks.
In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working supported by processes, methods, tools and services, and we also develop the business by leading:
- The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
- When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
We offer an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” And we offer possibilities for you to develop yourself and your career globally. Read more about us at franchisor.IKEA.com
The goal of IPEX - IKEA Planning experience is to support and empower customers to find their personal best home furnishing solutions. We run and develop digital solutions used by customers and co-workers enabling them to design homes and home furnishing solutions for the entire IKEA range for all IKEA retailers. Part of our portfolio are planning solutions for Kitchens, Bathrooms, Storage solutions and Beds. Our next big step ahead will be to enable customers to design their full homes.
Our customers should experience an inspiring, fun, simple and rewarding planning journey based on their needs and preferences. Our co-workers and service partners should experience a fun, efficient and unbroken sales process.
The solutions and capabilities we develop are an integral part of the entire seamless buying and selling experience and a key contributor to converting visitors into happy customers and to engaging with our customers from the start. Utilizing data around and about our products to create more personalized experiences is an integral part of the work we do.
IPEX delivers solutions to all IKEA retailers spanning over 50 markets worldwide and over 400 stores and IKEAs digital channels. All solutions are made to help customers and co-workers in all customer meetings, from a mobile phone to the largest IKEA store in the world.
Being a Business Navigator in the IPEX team
As the Business Navigator in the IPEX team you do not only burn for figures, processes and business overall. You really identify with what we are doing in IPEX and how we are doing it.
Your assignment will be to:
- Lead the Business plan & goal setting process and coach and support the team in all navigation related questions, such as budget and forecast.
- Enable continuous prioritization and decision making by delivering insights for business impact and consequences, potential synergies, resource & financial needs, dependencies and impact of potential deviations (both from a business and a financial aspect).
- Enable and contribute to an efficient and effective decision making structure and ways of working.
- Provide frameworks, guidelines, methods, processes and working methods, to support business and connected stakeholders, ensuring timely and efficient follow-up and compliance.
- Participate and contribute to relevant networks and forums whether related to BN or topics specific to IPEX.
In this role, you report directly to the IPEX manager but also work in the Business Navigation matrix for Core Business Franchise – Retail Experience. That said, it’s critical to work cross-functionally with other colleagues, stakeholders, and BN functions in other organisations, and to collaborate closely with business leaders across IKEA.
You are passionate and curious about the assignment of IPEX and motivated by the role of business navigation as an integrated part of the business. You’re a down-to-earth team player who is eager to take initiatives and achieve results with people. We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share IKEA values every day.
- Advanced education in finance, economics, business administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of relevant education/training and work experience.
- Good understanding of the business related to IPEX (e.g. what it is, how it works, etc.).
- Experience and proven track record from working with business development, digital solution development and the connected ways of working and business and financial management and reporting.
- Experience from business development, business and financial management and reporting.
- Capability to analyse, draw conclusions and act on them with a holistic business understanding.
- Capability to strategically plan, delivering to the long term agenda.
- Strong communication skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and engaging way.
- Ability to lead, collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competences in the network.
- Advanced knowledge and ability when it comes to working with business and development processes, project management, and planning and reporting activities.
- Able to navigate and lead business and people in complexity, ambiguity and a fast-changing environment.
- Enjoy creating structure, simplifying complex issues, and striving to improve efficiency.
You make mistakes sometimes that keep you evolving and learning as you are not afraid to find new ways to solve a challenging task together with your colleagues.
You enjoy an agile and iterative, yet structured way of working and achieving results together with a team in a flexible environment, but also have a strong individual drive to deliver high quality results on time. You have great communication and networking skills and are fluent in written and spoken English.
This is a full time position (40h/week). Travelling may be required based on business needs. Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – by 29 October 2020. Note that we are continuously interviewing candidates and the position may be filled before 29 October.