Global Food Safety & Quality Leader – Meat, Seafood & Dairy Category
- Dortmund, Germany
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people – our customers, co-workers and suppliers. IKEA Food develops and provides the food sold and served in all IKEA Restaurants, Bistro´s, Swedish Food Markets and the IKEA co-worker restaurants. IKEA Food has 389 restaurants in 49 markets and every year 650 million guests are enjoying the IKEA Food.
Category Area Food is in an ongoing journey to take over the purchasing of food from the retail organisation. The objective is to optimise the business model for best quality, low price and availability. The build-up entail a combination of establishing new capabilities along with driving efficiency for a strong business performance.
Do you want to be part of developing the Food Safety and Quality agenda in the supply chain for Meat, Sea-Food and Dairy in the Category for Animal based food and lead its execution in a global environment? If yes, this might be the perfect challenge for you!
You will be part of the Category Management Team, for Meat, Seafood & Dairy, reporting to the Category Manager. In your role you will define and lead execution of the category’s Food Safety & Quality Agenda, in full alignment with IKEA strategic landscape and Category Area Food Quality Direction, through the integration of Category Business Plan. You will work in close alignment with several stakeholders within Business Area Food, Purchasing & Logistics Areas, Supply Chain Operations.
Main responsibilities included in your assignment are:
- Be the Matrix Manager of +13 Category Production Engineers; located in Europe, North America and Asia, securing their competence development in all role specific areas
- Lead Food Safety agenda, through an analytical and holistic view, within category to secure supplier Food Safety compliance 24/7/365, both on product and process level
- Lead continuous improvement agenda within the Category and together with suppliers on its 3 dimensions: product, manufacturing, processes
- Lead customer deviation handling process to secure proper investigation and corrective action plans
And of course at any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and role model for a fact-based Business leadership.
We offer a challenging role where you will work on a global level and get the possibility to lead the food safety and quality agenda for the category.
As a Food Safety and Quality Leader you need to have:
- Previous experience in a leadership role (Food Safety / Quality or Quality Assurance Manager/Leader) within a Food Retailing / Manufacturing company with global footprint
- Previous experience in working with supplier food safety certification, preferably recognized by GFSI
- Good knowledge of Six Sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Root cause, value stream mapping, risk analysis) and of project management tools
- Good knowledge of Quality assurance set up including production processes, process control, cost calculation and materials
You have the ability to deliver results through leading and developing people in a remote environment, acting like coach and a mentor. Analysis is important for you in able to draw conclusions to support the right business decision, never compromising on Food Safety. We believe that you’re delivering results through continuous improvement initiative both from product/manufacturing process perspective. Since this is a global assignment, you’re a good communicator in English, both verbal and written
This role will require significant travelling, with a preferred base in Dortmund, Germany or in Älmhult, Sweden
Sounds interesting? Submit your application in English as soon as possible via this add, latest by October 25th. If you have questions about the recruitment process you can reach out to People & Culture Recruiter Maria Fröberg Larsson, +46 (0) 766 190 996. For more information about the role, please contact Category Manager Therese Barnekow Mohn: +46 (0) 766 190 733.