Managing Director/Development Center Manager
- Warsaw, Poland
Managing Director/Development Center Manager - Development Centre Central Europe
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
The product range - our identity and Range & Product Development is one of the most important enablers to ensure that we live up to the IKEA vision.
Our Development Centers leads product development capabilities close to people and partners in strategic locations to deliver IKEA product range with simplicity, speed and low cost. This by unleashing the full potential of the IKEA business model through co-creation, continuously finding better ways of bringing our vision to life through Democratic Design by…
- Executing product development to deliver identified business opportunities on behalf of the Range & Product Teams
- Contributing to strategic development of IKEA by leading selected initiatives and areas and being a testbed for business development
- Acting as a competence hub for the unique capabilities and competences of the region
It is time for us to build the next generation Development Centre. Are you willing to take on the challenge of re-engaging the low price revolution in IKEA, starting with the perspective of the Polish and Central Europe market? Are you waiting to unleash your inner entrepreneur and have the ability to stimulate creativity and entrepreneurship in others? Then we are looking for you.
As Managing Director/Development Centre Manager you will report to the Deputy Range & Supply Manager (Jeanette Skjelmose)
Leading the Development Centre in Central Europe you will be the legal responsible for the unit and responsible for creating, leading and setting up long term business and people directions for the organisation, on behalf of and in close collaboration with our Home Furnishing Businesses. You will, through your value driven leadership, stimulate a strong IKEA culture as well as creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and trustful relationships.
Together with your organisation you lead, enable and create prerequisites for IKEA to explore, challenge, ideate and design new innovative, beautiful and problem solving range and product solutions. This solutions will significantly move all boundaries in terms of low price in order to realize the needs, dreams and frustrations of the many people, first and foremost in Central Europe, but also globally. You do this through utilising relevant design, engineering and innovation principles.
Being strongly guided by our values and all dimensions of democratic design you will lead and ensure a high level of design, innovation and engineering to enable better products at lower costs, faster time to market and outstanding product offer efficiency.
- Ensuring strong collaboration, bringing stakeholders together identifying common focus and activities in order to excel in meeting our customers and leading a low price revolution
- Leading and creating a strong foundation for long term strategic partnership with the Home Furnishing Businesses in Range and Supply
- Leadership and Culture
- Acting as an ambassador and role model for IKEA Culture & Values
- Leading and building a trustful, open culture across sites, locations and functions
- Building a strong local organisation with their knowledge based in the market and with strong customer focus
You have the ability to lead others, both leaders and co-workers. Through clear communication you create strong and trustful networks as well as relationships close to you but also in a remote context. You are known to inspire through your positive energy and by your stakeholder management you are able to influence through complex structures. You see the potential in both business and people, and you have a strong desire to develop others and the courage to believe in people's unleashed potential.
Furthermore we believe you have/are:
- Extensive experience of leading organisations and creating customer centric business through explorative and creative product development
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the IKEA Value Chain, the product development process and the prerequisites of the Supply and Retail organisations
- Preferably experience from the Central European market specifically
This position is based in Warsaw, Poland. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 21st of October. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role, and you do that under message to hiring manager.
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Hiring manager Jeanette Skjelmose (Deputy Range & Supply Manager) at +46 732320063 or Andreas Hagert (Market Specific Matrix Manager) at +46 732321428. If questions about recruitment process please contact People & Culture Manager Haben Debessay at +48 797 526 665.
Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
We are looking forward to receive your applications!