- Älmhult, Sweden
You see things a little differently. So do we. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come and see things a little differently with us.
IKEA Hotell is in the heart of IKEA, Älmhult. We have been here since 1964 and was built for IKEA customer to stay a bit longer. Now, almost 60 years later IKEA Hotell is primarily a business hotel with around 50 co-workers.
With greater capacity than ever we fully focus on the needs of our guests and offer 254 hotel rooms, 5 meeting rooms, large common areas and gym. We are serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and organizes events. Our mission is to make our guests feel at home while staying at IKEA Hotell.
IKEA Hotell plays a vital role for the IKEA brand and contributes to the IKEA vision and Work, Live & Visit. We offer a comfortable and inspiring place to relax and gather. Guests can expect a unique, sustainable and affordable food experience.
The purpose of the IKEA Hotell is to attract visitors to Älmhult and being a natural place to stay and meet, both internally and externally.
We are looking for our future Head Chef to join our team! In the role you will be responsible for the business and the people in the kitchen at IKEA Hotell. The Head Chef reports to the Food and Beverage Manager at IKEA Hotel.
The purpose of the role:
- Always have the ambition to exceed the guests expectations
- Contribute to a positive experience for our guests by leading and coaching the kitchen team
- Be responsible for developing and securing an attractive and sustainable range in the IKEA Hotell restaurant
- Secure that the presentation and taste of the range in the kitchen delivers to our high quality standard
- Secure the daily operations
- Lead, offer, plan and perform of major events and activities
- Be responsible for purchasing and the budget of the function
- Build a strong partnership with both internal and external stakeholders
- Secure a work environment in line with laws and regulations
- Passion for food
- Experience from similar roles for at least 2 years
- Share IKEA Key values and act accordingly
- Deliver results within a given framework
- Leadership experience
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
- Food production methods in both a high volume environment, catering and events and fine dining
- Cost and calculations
- Microsoft Office knowledge
As a leader you have strong management and leadership in line with IKEA Culture & Values and create an open and inclusive environment in your organisation. You lead by example in your everyday work.
We expect that you have at least two years of leadership experience of similar business. You are driven, forward-thinking with a can-do mentality and see opportunities rather than obstacles.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a growing company with a solid business idea. You will get the opportunity to further develop your professional skills in your daily work, and to work in an environment where people and the community are central values.
The position is permanent on full time and is located in Älmhult, Sweden. If you have any questions regarding the role you are welcome to contact Food and Beverage Manager Niklas Persson, phone +4672-362 77 71 or [email protected]
Questions regarding the recruitment, please contact People & Culture Leader Heléna Persson, phone +4676-854 52 28 or [email protected]
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis so don´t hesitate to apply today, but no later than 25 Oct 2020.
Inter IKEA Group consists of three core businesses and comprises over 70 companies in 30 different countries and has around 28,000 co-workers that together with other IKEA colleagues work to fulfil the IKEA vision: To create a better everyday life for the many people. http://www.inter.ikea.com/