Accounts Payable Specialist
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Supply China (“ISCN”) is the wholesale business unit buying IKEA goods from Suppliers and selling to retailers in Asia Pacific region, comparable to IKEA Supply AG. As a unit equipped with finance, legal, risk, compensation & benefit, corporate communication specialists, ISCN also provides common/shared services to all Inter IKEA business units and sites in China.
Specialist-Food Accounts Payable aim to control all the food supplier, transport and logistic service provider and indirect material and service invoices on behalf of China Food Wholesaler with high efficiency and good quality. The invoices are controlled in several consecutive steps by several matching parts through IKEA value chain.
- Verify and book commercial goods invoice, transport and logistics service invoice, and indirect material & service invoices in timely manner, meanwhile ensure legal and fiscal requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform payment proposal batch file to cashier and ensure AP balance cleared on timely basis.
- Follow up monthly AP Aging Report analysis and coordinate relevant stakeholders for resolution.
- Follow up monthly AP Accrual Report analysis and periodic follow up suppliers to issue invoice.
- Lead and drive task and project as assigned.
- Establish the connection with ISAG Food Accounts Payable Team for knowledge sharing and process optimization.
- Be with overall views of IKEA food business, develop and optimize working method and working instruction, initiate/participate in tools development, to ensure the daily account payable activities efficiency and accuracy.
- Perform internal control activities in responsibility area, and support external audit and inspection.
- Prepare figures and reports for stakeholders or management to analyse costs and issues.
- Support business with regards to change vendor master data, reconcile payment and other issues.
- Support other team member on achieving team and individual goals, and be able to backup other team member.
A Job-Specific Knowledge
- Very good knowledge of invoicing, accounting, and payment process.
- Good knowledge of accounting and invoice processing solutions.
- Good knowledge of compliance and control requirements within accounts payable.
- Good knowledge of supply chain operations in wholesale business.
- Excellent process development and project management skill.
- Fluent in English and Chinese, both in oral and written.
- High interest in finance and supply chain related topics.
- Enjoy working in a fast growing company and to face challenges arising from constant growth.
- Enjoy working together across functions and teams, and finding optimal solution together with business partners.
- Eager to drive change
- Keen on details and curiosity to know "Why".
- Strike a balance between keeping a good overview and paying good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under time pressure, plan towards deadlines and prioritize.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in business needs and the environment.
- Ability identify gaps in instructions and suggest changes to ways of working and tools.
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate with different units in the organization to achieve common goals.
A Essential For Particular Job
- Bachelor degree with Finance/Accounting background, or equivalent working experience.
- Ideally with 5 years professional experience in finance and accounting function, and at least 2 year working experience in accounts payable function.
- Previous experience from leading transaction process.
- Previous experience from improving process and risk control.
- Previous experience in automation solution.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Good communication and influential skills.
- Good skill in MS Office Package.
- Fluency in English and Chinese, both in oral and written.
B Preferred For Externals
- Has good business sense and fundamental understanding of finance.
- Be adaptable to fast growing environment and changing working process.
C Preferred For Internals
- IKEA value chain understanding
- IKEA culture and value ambassador