Project Leaders, 2 year assignment | IKEA Retail Experience | Core Business Franchise
- Malmö, Sweden
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world and to be accessible, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
We are looking for people who have experience from diverse retail organizations and other parts of the value chain ─ from supply to product design, development to manufacturing and everything in between. We offer a unique opportunity to develop a holistic view of the IKEA business. When you grow, IKEA grows too. Do you want to contribute?
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks.
In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working supported by processes, methods, tools and services, and we also develop the business by leading:
- The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
- When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
We offer an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” And we offer possibilities for you to develop yourself and your career globally. Read more about us at franchisor.IKEA.com
About the role
IKEA Retail Experience has the assignment to secure a successful, consistent, and relevant IKEA experience across all customer meeting points that are developed together with Core Business Range & Supply and all IKEA franchisees in order to create a common and unique IKEA way to engage our customers and offer them relevant services. It is an exciting time as IKEA transforms from a single channel to multichannel retailer.
Within IKEA Retail Experience, the Development & Franchise Offer area works with the common development and Franchise Offer processes, methodologies and follow-up of the customer meeting and retail business solutions. We provide project, innovation, process, development, design and portfolio resources, and work closely with the business to enable the development of a successful, consistent, and relevant IKEA customer meeting.
In this temporary 2 year assignment you will be a key contributor in developing the IKEA future retail experience by leading development projects related to the meeting with the customer.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and proven track record from leading global and organisation-wide projects (medium to high in size and complexity) within at least one of the following areas: Digital front end & Platforms, Supply chain, Communication & Brand, Customer Meeting point, Food, Customer Experience or Sustainability and Circularity.
- Experience working in innovation/lean development processes.
- Proven track record of interdependent leadership, leading business agendas across IKEA, or within and across other global companies, in a collaborative way and delivering results through others.
- Recent customer facing digital experience (digital platforms, AI, machine learning…).
- Recent Commercial and Operational Retail experience.
As a Project Leader, you will:
- Effectively lead and execute development projects related to Meeting the customer.
- Apply agreed processes, principles and governance for innovation and development.
- Monitor and manage projects including; scope, cost, time plan, quality, resources and risks. Set and control the budget.
- Adapt initiatives to changing directions, ensuring speed (develop, iterate and verify approach).
- Analyse quality and initiative performance, identifying areas of improvement and drive appropriate action to resolution.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and communication across functions and organisations, building relationships and engaging in relevant networks within and outside IKEA.
- Secure effective deployment and requirement handling for receiving organisations.
- Identify and manage dependencies and interfaces between projects.
- Lead project resources, including external consultants.
You are passionate and curious about the assignment of Core Business Franchise. You are driven by creating business impact and developing a unique IKEA retail experience together with stakeholders.
You are a down-to-earth team player, eager to take initiatives and achieve results with people.
We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Solid Project management knowledge.
- Knowledge of design thinking, innovation and lean development processes.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, the IKEA Range Strategy, the IKEA Concept, the IKEA vision and business idea, IKEA culture & values and the IKEA business model.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, the IKEA franchise system and IKEA value chain.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Ability to understand the business needs for each project and make ongoing decisions based on what’s best for the organisation, even if that means challenging senior stakeholders on critical success factors.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Visionary leadership with the ability to make complex tasks and processes understood and actionable.
- Capability to navigate and lead in a complex, unknown and fast-changing environment.
- Capability to build and engage in trustful and sustainable relationships with stakeholders, business partners and IKEA franchisees and ability to deal with organisational complexities.
- Tech-savvy-ability to grasp and lead digital projects.
- Ability to apply an outside-in perspective, putting the user in the centre of development.
- Passionate about the IKEA vision.
- Always siding with the many people and getting inspiration from their everyday life.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, global, multicultural and changing environment.
In this role, you report directly to the Project Operations Manager. That said, it’s critical to work cross-functionally with other colleagues, stakeholders in Core Business Franchise and other organisations, and to collaborate closely with business leaders across IKEA. As we are in the process of changing the way we are organised in Core Business Franchise, additional responsibilities may arise.
This a full time position (40h/week). The position is time-limited (2 years). Travels will be required based on business needs. Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – by 6 October 2020.