Archive & Collections Manager
- Älmhult, Sweden
Are you curious about the Story of IKEA and how we want to make a better everyday life for the many people?
IKEA Museum in Älmhult, Sweden is a unique place for the many people. Here we share the IKEA story by providing a three-dimensional experience of the IKEA Brand built on the dimensions of Democratic Design: beautiful form, great function, long-lasting quality, responsible sustainability and truly low prices.
Besides our public museum, we also have the exciting a great assignment to safeguard, structure and share IKEA heritage, today and in the future. This important task is the responsibility of the Archive & Collections organisation.
We are now looking for an Archives & Collections Manager to IKEA Museum in Älmhult, with the main task to lead and develop both people and our strategical agenda within the archive & collections scope.
In the role as Archive & Collections Manager you are leading and developing a team of specialists with the following main assignments:
· Safeguard the IKEA heritage for future generations and today’s business needs.
· Collect, document and record assets and artefacts that define the historical development of the IKEA business and concept.
· Maintain and preserve our physical and digital archival and artefact collections, by continuously improve procedures and analyse potential risks to the collections.
· Structure our corporate archive and our IKEA artefact collection according to proven solutions and guidelines supported by digital tools.
· Make the material accessible and a natural source of know-how, providing IKEA Museum and other users with access to information and material, including documents and historical IKEA products.
You will report to the IKEA Museum MD and be part of the Museum management team, working on a strategical level to support the overall objective for the IKEA Museum: to build and strengthen the IKEA brand to be perceived as unique and meaningful.
Who are you?
• You are inspired by our history and how our roots and origins have shaped, and continue to shape, who we are, how we behave and how this also will make IKEA successful tomorrow.
• You have a true passion for IKEA history, culture and values.
• You are an experienced manager & leader that inspire and lead your team towards clear, structured and challenging goals, based on a long-term vision.
• You are people-oriented, curious, and like to build bridges between both people and operations, internally and externally.
• You keep your team and yourself updated by looking outside of IKEA, creating co-operation and network with other museums, design institutions, businesses etc.
• You love to share knowledge and listen to – and learn from - other people’s stories
Additional wished qualifications:
• Good understanding and experience about methods and procedures when it comes to historical material i.e. collection and archive management
• Language skills: Preferable Swedish but fluent in English, both written and spoken.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and located in Älmhult, Sweden. We are interviewing continuously so please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English as soon as possible but no later than 21st of August. If you have questions about the job, please contact Cia Johansson MD IKEA Museum AB [email protected].