Customs Operation Support Center Asia Pacific Manager
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Supply China (“ISCN”) is the wholesale business unit buying IKEA goods from Suppliers and selling to retailers in Asia Pacific region, comparable to IKEA Supply AG. As a unit equipped with finance, legal, risk, compensation & benefit, corporate communication specialists, ISCN also provides common/shared services to all Inter IKEA business units and sites in China.
About the job:
Purpose of the function:
- To secure a well functioning import and export process
- To support our strategic goal of having products available when customers want it.
- To secure a well designed import and export process that supports the core process in supplying and thereby contribute to total lowest cost.
- To secure that we are conducting our business in compliance with internal and external rule and regulations.
Purpose of the job:
- To ensure that centralized import activities are organized in an optimal way for accuracy, efficiency and internal control.
- To lead business and people together at the customs operation support center
- Manage centralized import activities in compliance with internal and external regulations and with a high level of internal control
- Ensure efficient and reliable handling of central customs related documents, certificates and declaration data.
- Secure the operation KPI's and communicate in the organization as well as monitor the state
- Continuously improve the customs process in daily operation and contribute the insights of improvement to supply chain operation and other relevant stakeholders
- Actively identify and manage risks related to import and export operation
- Define COSC annual business plan and deliver the result
- Contribute to regional/global development for example expansion, new business and other projects
- Secure efficient COSC support during the internal and external audits
- Contribute to global COSC forum
- Lead and develop the COSC organization and people competence
A. Job-Specific Knowledge
- Previous experience of import and export from global environment
- High level of communication and negotiation skill
- Good knowledge of supply chain operations
- Proven ability to lead and inspire people
- Fluency in English (Written and oral)
- Keen interest in import and export as well as supply chain operations
- Enjoying working with people and motivated by developing people
- Eager to work in a global environment and to accept and take advantage of diversity
- Eager to drive change and find optimal solutions
- Eager to learn, keen on details , willingness to know "why"
- Enjoying working in a fast growing company and facing challenges arising from subsequent growth
- Set clear goal to the team and co-workers and deliver the result as the commitment.
- Create a sense of togetherness , belonging and trust in team
- Be a good role model of the Ikea values
- Build the trust in stakeholders to grow business together
- A big view of team and business development
Leadership Key Roles
- Develop the business and deliver results
- Lead and develop people
- Inspire and clarify
- Create togetherness
- Find better ways
- Enable change
A. Essential For Particular Job
- Good knowledge and experience of import/export operation min.5 years
- High level communication skill
- Tactical and operational thinking way
- Good knowledge of Supply chain operation
- Fluency in English (written and wording)
B. Preferred From Externals
- Experience of AP customs operation
- Bonded operation experience is a plus
- Working experience in international company
- 5 years experience of leading people
- University degree or equivalent working experience
C. Preferred From Internals
- Good knowledge of IKEA supply chain operation
- At least 5 years experience of leading people
- Role model of IKEA value
- Drive business with strong self-motivation
- High level of communications skill