Deep Learning Specialist – Lead Visual data science
- Älmhult, Sweden
Deep Learning Specialist – Lead Visual data science - IKEA Communications AB
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Communications, we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff, and we aim to be the best communication partner for the whole of IKEA. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA, creating state-of-the-art communication at the lowest price. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers - people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet. Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life?
Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
The Digital Area is set up to connect, enable and support all IKEA Communications Areas with IT systems and tools to create, produce and deliver communication in the smartest, most automated and cost-efficient way possible.
The Digital Lab is part of the Digital Area and drives the digital development and innovation work in the spatial computing area for all IKEA companies. The Digital Lab is right now looking for a Deep Learning Specialist Lead.
As a Deep Learning Specialist in the IKEA Digital Lab, you will create, develop and transfer knowledge related to deep learning within the field of spatial computing and visual machine learning. You will also explore and further expand IKEA visions/needs within the fields of spatial computing, visual search, and general AI. In the role you will act as a connection between IKEA needs and possible technical solutions available or being developed on the market in technical research & development environments.
Essential parts of the assignment will be to:
- Lead projects and develop “proof-of-concept” applications based on deep learning algorithms within the field of deep learning with applications in spatial computing and visual machine learning; including exploration, optimization and simulation techniques.
- Lead the development of data structures and annotation models/standards and the development of systems and methods for generation of well-defined training data for deep learning and other machine learning techniques.
- Create and develop Neural Networks with efficient training protocols and explainable learning methods.
- Develop evaluation methods and standardized criteria for systematic improvement of deep learning and/or general artificial intelligence models/systems as well as training/testing data.
- Identify wanted and unwanted bias in data for deep learning.
- Act as “subject matter expert” in all questions related to deep learning within the field of spatial computing.
- Investigate and keep up with the trends, research and key movements in the context of deep learning, computer vision/graphics and the general artificial intelligence landscape.
The Deep Learning Specialist Lead we look for is someone that have a passion to learn new things and a have a hands-on attitude. Someone with deep Interest for the future of deep learning/machine learning. Someone who is highly motivated to work in teams and collaborate within new constellations, both internal and external teams. Someone who contribute to an innovative and creative with positive attitude, problem solving and lateral thinking.
- MSc, PhD or similar degree/academic background in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Machine & Deep Learning; or related quantitative field.
- 5-10 years of experience working with computer vision/graphics or other related field with a strong component of visual machine learning or deep learning.
- Documented experience leading projects in relevant areas.
- Proficiency with statistics and at least one machine learning or statistical modeling libraries software package (R, Matlab, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Experience working (installation, maintenance and usage) with popular deep learning toolkits e.g. TensorFlow and PyTorch, and also experience in other higher level toolkits (MXNet, Caffe etc)
- Experienced in appropriate programming languages (Python, C/C++)
- Evaluation and migration of machine learning architectures on a variety of platforms including mobile
- Depth and breadth experience in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
We are looking for two Deep Learning specialist with different previous experience. Take a look at the other advert on the link bellow to assess which one is the best fit for you:
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world. Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application in English and link to previous work as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you.
This position was posted 2019-02-03 and may be online for up to 3 weeks following this date. We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
We do not accept applications by e-mail. If you are one of the candidates, we think have the required experience we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview. In some cases, recruitment processes may take time, so we kindly ask you to be patient in this regard.
If you have any questions regarding this position or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, +46 72 886 53 84