IKEA Communications AB
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Communications, we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff, and we aim to be the best communication partner for the whole of IKEA. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA, creating state-of-the-art communication at the lowest price. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers - people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet.
Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life? Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
The Digital Area is set up to connect, enable and support all IKEA Communications Areas with IT systems and tools to create, produce and deliver communication in the smartest, most automated and cost efficient way possible.
The Digital Lab is part of the Digital Area and drives the digital development and innovation work in the spatial computing area for all IKEA companies. The Digital Lab is right now looking for a Game Developer with knowledge within XR Development. At IKEA we call this position a Technical Developer.
In this position at the IKEA Digital Lab you will use your technical expertise to explore, evaluate and transfer innovation insights.
You are someone with an innovative mind and lateral thinking. Someone who thinks virtual worlds are cool but helping real people is even better. You know why robots and pie go well together and why point clouds on a sunny day do not matter at all.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Explore and evaluate new technology and its possibility to improve IKEA customer and co-worker experience
- Develop real-time 3D applications to serve as inspiring proof of concepts
- Collaborate with external experts and innovators in explorations of technical solutions
- Collect and share expertise with IKEA stakeholders
The person we´re looking for is someone passionate about the future of 3D graphics. A person who wants to use game engine for more than just for games. Someone who likes to conceptualise the utopian and dystopian future of the digital - human interface. Someone that think Swedish meatballs have the potential to taste even better in mixed reality. We’re looking for a person who can break down high-level concepts like these and explore them singlehandedly or as part of team.
- Extensive background in real-time 3D graphics
- Deep Interest in the future of Real Time Graphics (VR/MR/AR)
- Extensive experience with Unreal or Unity
- Understanding of graphics pipelines related to real-time 3D environments Passion for how sound and audio design can be used to elevate immersive experiences
- Deep programming skills building applications communicating with back-ends and building applications of interactive worlds using game engines
- Ability to formulate new ideas surrounding technological innovations
- Knowledge about real time animation, rendering and shader programming
- Extensive background setting up full stack for applications from ground up
- Good understanding of Cloud based computing and storage solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Ability to discuss problems with program code examples
- Experience with mobile application development and deployment
- Ability to handle 5-10 parallel projects in different levels of development
- Good communication and presentation skills and ability to simplify complex problems
- Passion to learn new things and a have a hands-on attitude
- Highly motivated team player who can collaborate within new constellations.
- Positive attitude towards challenges in the everyday work
Our Digital Lab is growing in every dimension and right now we're looking for a talented collegue. Is this the next challenge for you?
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application in English and link to previous work as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you. Please state in your application for which of the areas you have the most experience and passion.
To get to know the history of the team, the company you will be part of and context of our work within spatial computing, please watch the video showcasing some of the past work and the areas the team is engaging in going forward (start at 40 min in if you are in a rush).
This position was posted 2019-10-09 and may be online for up to 3 weeks following this date. We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
We do not accept applications by e-mail. If you are one of the candidates, we think have the required experience we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview. In some cases, recruitment processes may take time, so we kindly ask you to be patient in this regard.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment or position, please contact Recruiter, Jonas Levin at [email protected]