Curator, IKEA Museum
- Älmhult, Sweden
Are you curious about the Story of IKEA and how we want to make a better everyday life for the many people?
Our passion of improving people’s life at home is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
IKEA Museum has the task to share the story of IKEA and how we make things better through our unique formula; Democratic Design. We build and strengthen the IKEA brand by offering a high-quality experience, by interacting with people in the context of life at home, home furnishing an design as well as inviting people behind the scenes of IKEA, giving a more intimate experience of the brand.
After three years of learnings from our visitors, we are in an exciting phase of taking the IKEA Museum to its next step and make the IKEA Museum even more inspiring and creative meeting place. For this journey, we’re on the lookout for passionate doer, idea maker, creative thinker – a person who wants to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet.
At IKEA Museum, we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA. We are located in Älmhult, Sweden, in the historic site of the first IKEA store established 1958. Älmhult is a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life? Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to experience? Then keep on reading.
The Exhibition & Communication team leads the development of the IKEA Museum by initiating new exhibitions and improving the existing ones. Our Main Exhibitions are telling the transparent Story of IKEA including our roots, our timeline and our founder Ingvar Kamprad and his family. The Temporary Exhibitions are both positioning us as the Life at Home passionists and design explorers. Our curiosity about the challenges in peoples Life at home from different perspectives is leading us in our everyday work.
This assignment is to develop further the Main Exhibitions with a holistic and customer centric approach in line with the overall Exhibition strategy. The curator has the lead to initiate new and improve existing exhibitions to strengthen IKEA positioning in Life at Home, Home Furnishing and Democratic Design.
You will lead the creative process from the idealisation to the final exhibition. Also, you assign needed creative competences outside of the organisation and in this way secure excellence in execution. You secure that the content is relevant for the decided topic and the visualisation of the exhibition is according to the set IKEA frameworks; IKEA tone of voice and IKEA visual identity.
· You have an extensive experience of curation, design, creative direction or similar assignment, preferably in a global environment
· You have high ability to explore different perspectives, be innovative and comfortable in the unknown
· You have the capability to lead creative processes and cooperate with designers and other specialists, selected partners and suppliers
· You have experience of team leadership and to work in processes with many cross functional stakeholders
· You have problem solving ability and high self-awareness together with the ability to see both big picture and focus on details
· You are curious about the IKEA vision “to create a better everyday life for the many people” and of the IKEA Concept and business idea.
· You are willing to understand and live the IKEA culture and share the IKEA Key values
· You understand what it means to work inside of set frameworks and towards common goals
· You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
The position is permanent on full time and it is located in Älmhult, Sweden.
If you have questions please contact Jutta Viheriä, Exhibition & Communication Manager, IKEA Museum, mobile +46 730 539030.
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis so don´t hesitate to apply online. The closing date for applying is 15.11.2019.
We are looking forward receiving your application in English!