Communication Business Partner (m/f/d, permanent, full-time)
- Dortmund, Germany
At IKEA we are guided by our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. This demands we need to dare to try new things and do them a bit differently. Like the flat pack or other logistics innovations that secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost for a more convenient customer experience.
Communication is a vital part of our business. None of our logistics innovations nor our home furnishing solutions would come to life without communication. When people are inspired and passionate about what they do and know why they do it, business can be really successful. This is where you come in!
Right now we are looking for a strategic Communication Business Partner that through planned and concise communication will act as an enabler to dare do things differently through various levels of change.
IKEA is impacted by the constant changes in the retail world and in customers’ needs and demands. To fully embrace the opportunities of being a multi-channel retailer, IKEA has to diversify how to meet customers, how the Supply Chain is designed and operates, and secure highly efficient distribution and fulfilment centres.
Building on existing strengths within the company we are on a journey to set up a new Intralogistics business function that will establish, lead, support and develop logistics solutions for any IKEA unit with a logistical and fulfilment component. In practical terms, Intralogistics will act as centre of expertise for all establishments of IKEA logistics units around the globe. Intralogistics will be in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automised goods handling all to support a better every day work life for our co-workers and a more efficient meeting with our customers.
As a Communication Business Partner you are a strategic and tactical partner to the business, securing communication strategies and implementation of business- driven communication. A big part of your assignment will be focused on change communication and stakeholder management across IKEA.
As part of the Intralogistics management team you contribute to the business agenda and deliverables of the Intralogistics assignment. Moreover, you develop, implement and follow up on communication plans for the function, including supporting leaders to lead in change through planned change management activities and coaching in communication matters.
As Intralogistics Communication Business Partner you will, among other tasks:
- Responsible for driving the communication agenda: identify business needs and key messages, and develop communication plans to meet the short and long term needs.
- Develop, lead and execute change communication plans for various levels of organisational change.
- Coach and support co-workers and leaders in communication matters and oversee the development of the total information landscape including all channels.
- Responsible for securing a transparent and sustainable information/communication flow throughout Intralogistics and to the many stakeholders across the IKEA network as well as with external partners.
- Contribute to a shared communication agenda and identify opportunities for alignment within a function, across units and across the IKEA network, supporting various communication projects within Supply Chain Development.
- Lead content planning and development for all major meetings during the year cycle in alignment with Supply Chain Development Communication Business Partner and the Intralogistics management team.
- Secure the availability and execution of communication-related training activities.
As a person, you are an agile thinker who is open to change and have proven experience from executing greater change projects. You get energised by working both independently and in partnership cross-functionally and appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning communication theory into practice. You easily build trust and strong working relationships across a wide diversity of people. You know the value of sharing the business deliverables to the many internally and externally to create attention and engagement and you have experience working with employer branding. You have high integrity and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible way. You are able to influence others on all levels in the organisation and drive decisions and consensus. You are willing to travel to meet colleagues in different locations. Moreover, you have a desire to find new, simpler ways and make them happen by inspiring and motivating people. Last but not least, you have a genuine interest for supply chain development and a firm believe that communication is one key enabler for a better business.
To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- Proven advanced training in Communications or equivalent and 5+ years of external and internal communications experience.
- Extensive knowledge of using insights to formulate strategic communications activities that will drive the IKEA business.
- The ability to “hit the ground running”, quickly gaining up to date knowledge of the IKEA corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people, to ensure the accurate representation of the IKEA brand.
- Proactive attitude in problem solving and hands-on approach when necessary.
- The capability to work with complex problems and solutions in a large, global organisation.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the IKEA processes, organisations and supply chain.
- Extensive knowledge in IKEA leadership with the capability to inform, inspire and empower others and create sense of togetherness, belonging and trust within a team.
- Experience in change management.
- Fluency in English.
- The capability to represent IKEA towards external suppliers and to be an IKEA ambassador in everything you do.
IKEA Supply, Supply Chain Development, Intralogistics
Intralogistics has locations in Dortmund Germany, Älmhult Sweden and Philadelphia US. Intralogistics is one of many business functions within the Supply Chain Development organisation, IKEA Range & Supply.
We offer you a position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of opportunities with a lot of different work tasks in a fun, friendly and highly competent team.
Ready for a change?
Submit your application online via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters as soon as possible but latest on 11th of October 2019.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Malin Jepsen, Supply Chain Development Communication Business Partner, at [email protected] If you have questions about the actual recruitment process, please send an email to the recruiting team via SmartRecruiters and we will come back to you.
Please note that this position is in Dortmund, Germany. We look forward to receiving your application IN ENGLISH. We only accept applications via SmartRecruiters.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
In some cases recruitment processes may take time, so we kindly ask you to be patient in this regard.
Looking forward to receiving your application!