PRODUCT REQUIREMENT & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world.
As a Product Requirement & Compliance Specialist you need to be an entrepreneur who is inspired by being one of the first on the ground to bring our global brand IKEA to the many people in Vietnam.
You have a good understanding of local authorities and product requirements for importing to Vietnam. You feel comfortable working both with internal and external stakeholders and you communication skills are strong. You have a positive attitude and are comfortable interacting with people on all levels.
About the job:
- Ensuring that IKEA is complying with legal product standards in Vietnam
- Making our product range compliant and sellable in Vietnam
- Strong stakeholder management in IKEA South East Asia
- Competence development initiatives will partly be conducted in Singapore and Sweden
Is this the right challenge for you?
We are looking for you who have:
- Experience of representing client in external meetings with Vietnamese authorities in Hanoi is a very big benefit
- University degree in International Trade, Business Management, Product Development or similar.
- Vietnamese native speaker & excellent verbal and written English
- Strong understanding of the Vietnamese authority structure
- General interest in home furnishing and retail
- Ability to work to deadlines and attention to detail
- Business minded with ambitions to develop a career within IKEA
- Ability to travel
Capabilities & Motivation
- To lead, organise, inspire and clarify
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent networking skills, building relations with national and local government authorities
- Possess an attention to detail as well as an ability to see the big picture and document accuracy
- Be interested in home furnishing and can identify yourself with the IKEA values
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and future oriented retail environment
- Continuously improving your skills and learning, using this to benefit both the IKEA business and your own personal growth
- A strong desire to influence, challenge and improve established ways of working
- Always striving to work proactively
This position report to Regional Product Requirement & Compliance Manager, located in Singapore. If questions about the job please connect with Anders Ericsson, email: [email protected]
Please apply latest 31st of August, 2019