Assignment Leader - 3D
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA Communications AB
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Communications, we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff, and we aim to be the best communication partner for the whole of IKEA. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA, creating state-of-the-art communication at the lowest price. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers - people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet.
Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life? Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
Within IKEA Communications, four new Communication Assignment Areas have been set up with the purpose to lead and develop, with an end-to-end accountability, state of the art communication to the lowest possible cost.
The Projects & Campaigns Communication Assignment Area will as IKEA’s communication partner, lead and develop a clear communication offer for all IKEA trademark users and end-to-end accountability taking on agile, small and/or big communication assignments for new business, market specific, projects and/or campaigns outside the range & product communication scope. Projects & Campaigns communication assignment includes but is not limited to: New business, market specific communication; campaigns, Trademark user support for the conception, creation and production of brand related material among others.”
We’re now looking for Assignment Leaders to lead and develop communication assignments with an end-to-end accountability; plan, create, produce, deliver and follow-up the agreed result connected to IKEA directions, strategies and communication plans.
As Assignment Leader you will:
- Lead a sustainable communication assignment agenda that delivers to IKEA Communications’ priorities and long-term ambitions, as well as the current and future demands of the ONE IKEA Communication Plan.
- Develop frameworks for managing communication assignment portfolios.
- Secure new opportunities, partnerships, potential innovations, process integrations and/or digital transformations that create long-term value for IKEA Communications and further strengthen its value proposition with our business stakeholders, partners and customers.
- Meet the needs of today and tomorrow by leading the necessary transformational changes for the area to stay at the forefront of the consumer journey and experience through emerging new trends, technologies and communication methods.
- Ensure that decisions made are fact-based and insight-led, in order to deliver better and more market-relevant communication for the consumer.
- Develop and maintain an external network of partners that can complement internal capabilities and/or competence needs.
- Drive excellent cross-function collaboration.
- Lead and manage managers and co-workers in creating an inclusive, engaging and future-oriented learning environment that supports our co-workers’ continuous competence development and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Manage closely the budget and associated performance indicators to secure successful delivery of assignments.
Our Assignment Leaders are people who can identify, contextualise and capitalize on commercial business opportunities and consumer trends to meet IKEA’s direction and customers needs. People who think strategically and conceptually and has strong analytical skills combined with being inspirational. People that delivers key messages that cater for different audiences and needs, with a people-centric approach. People who can enable development and implementation of global communication strategies, even in times of change or restrictive resources. People who can manage stakeholders, drive decisions and consensus, creating synergies and collaborations. People that can spark an innovative and idea driven culture that enables co-workers to explore and share ideas and reinvent communication solutions.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing global communication and brand communication for large business/brands within Media or Retail industries.
- Deep understanding of the customer journey, how they consume and experience communication.
- Up-to-date knowledge of today’s multi-channel landscape, market and industry trends.
- Good understanding of the product and range development process.
- Strategic knowledge and deep understanding of creative concepting; development as well as implementing those where 3D communicative assets are the core.
- Understanding of how marketing, insights, planning, and creative integrate.
- Good understanding in 3D related tools, methods and processes and how to use them in communication development.
- High knowledge in Project Management and project Management methods and tools.
- Understanding of creative and production roles and processes connected to 3D development and how to make a team work in those processes.
- Experience, leading high performing teams.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, creative, and inclusive work environment.
- Good knowledge about the IKEA strategic landscape, IKEA concept, brand, values, copy and visual identity, tone of voice, organisational setup, matrix lines, business processes & owners.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you! Due to the summer vacation time, our recruitment process will be a little bit longer.
We look forward to receiving your application, in English. Please note that this position is in Älmhult, Sweden.
We do not accept applications by e-mail. If you are one of the candidates we think have the required experience we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview. In some cases recruitment processes may take time, so we kindly ask you to be patient in this regard.