Concept Description Specialist | IKEA Retail | Core Business Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we! Are you ready to make a difference and grow? Come see things a little differently with us.
In Core Business Franchise (CBF) we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, and the franchise offer. We keep things together it together through the IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working and the business by leading:
- The development of solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers.
- When and how IKEA expands, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost
We offer an open working environment where everyone feels comfortable to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” And we offer possibilities for you to develop yourself and your career globally. Read more about us at franchisor.IKEA.com
About the role
IKEA Retail Experience has the assignment to secure a successful, consistent, and relevant IKEA experience across all customer meeting points that are developed together with Core Business Range & Supply and all IKEA franchisees in order to create a common and unique IKEA way to engage our customers and offer them relevant services. It is an exciting time as IKEA transforms from a single channel to multichannel retailer.
Within IKEA Retail Experience, the Development & Franchise Offer area works with the common development and Franchise Offer processes, methodologies and follow-up of the customer meeting. We provide project, innovation, process and portfolio resources, and work closely with the business to enable the development of a successful, consistent, and relevant IKEA customer meeting.
In these exiting times, we are now looking for candidates who want to be a major contributor in creating a successful, consistent and relevant experience of retail foundation across the IKEA retail system contributing to customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Retail experience with an understanding of the multichannel ambitions, preferably at store management level and up.
- Experience from leading mixed group of leaders and specialists.
- Proven track record of interdependent leadership- leading business agendas across IKEA in a collaborative way and delivering results through others.
As a Concept Description Specialist, you will:
· Lead the ‘creating the concept offer process’, bringing in the right competences and activating the sub-processes in a timely way to see through towards a consistent and meaningful set of deliverables. Which includes and not limited to:
o Facilitating meetings and workshops to compile content.
o Assessing which parts of the content fit in with the landscape and how.
o Partnering closely with leaders and specialists to develop concept products (principles, guidelines, examples), launch new features, and support partner content implementation across media (intranet, web, app, publications, podcasts, etc.).
· Work with assignment owners to analyse the business needs for improvement opportunities and, when needed, help define the operational impact of proposed modifications.
· Identify which business needs have conceptual elements and how these elements could fit in the concept landscape and the franchise offer.
· Assess and activate actions according to emerging gaps or needs.
· Coach and guide discussions to align stakeholder business needs with the concept landscape and the franchise offer.
In this role, you report directly to the Concept Description Manager. That said, it’s critical to work cross-functionally with other colleagues and stakeholders in CBF and other IKEA organisations. As we are in the process of changing the way we are organised in CBF, additional responsibilities may arise.
You are passionate and curious about the assignment of Core Business Franchise and motivated by the role strategic partnerships can play in spurring innovation and drive growth for IKEA.
You’re a down-to-earth team player who is eager to take initiatives and achieve results with people. We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
· An understanding of the IKEA Range Strategy, the IKEA Concept, the IKEA vision and business idea, IKEA culture & values, the IKEA business model and how we create unique business advantages.
· In-depth knowledge of other IKEA organisations and how they work.
· Knowledge about the process and methodology of the ‘creating the concept offer’ process.
· Holistic understanding of the landscape with the ability to navigate through it and steer the right content to the right parts of the IKEA franchise offer.
· Ability to apply and make complex processes actionable, understood and supported by all relevant stakeholders and project/work groups.
· Getting joy out of working in a fast-paced, global, multicultural and changing environment.
· Having a positive, proactive approach with strong social, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Driven to perform and deliver, learn and develop and have others along the way.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, the Netherlands, though some travel may be required.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 22 February 2019. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at Inter IKEA Systems and why you would be a good fit for this role.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Binnaz Cubukcu, Concept Description Manager. If you have questions about the recruitment process you can contact Mia Kullman, HR & Competence Leader for IKEA Retail Experience.