Legal Counsel IP | Inter IKEA Systems B.V. | Legal Affairs & Corporate Governance | Core Business Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. Come see things a little differently with us.
Inter IKEA Systems (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
- We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
- We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
- We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally. Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com.
About the position
As a Legal Counsel IP, you will be part of the Legal & Governance team, working alongside other legal professionals, in a global scope. In this role you will:
- Advise stakeholders on IP legal matters related to the role and assignments of CBF as the IKEA franchisor.
- Draft and negotiate a broad variety of IP-related agreements, to secure Inter IKEA’s IP position towards its suppliers, affiliates and franchisees alike.
- Take action, or instruct and support local counsel across the globe in taking action, against IP infringement where necessary.
- Identify IP to be registered, and secure that such registration takes place.
- Engage in constructive working relationships with other legal counsels and stakeholders within the Inter IKEA Group (and where necessary our franchisees) to secure the appropriate handling of IP throughout the IKEA business.
- Further develop IP protection and litigation strategies.
- Create awareness with the business on IP related topics, including by providing IP trainings.
You like the dynamics of a changing and evolving business environment that gives you the unique possibilities to lead your work and grow as a professional. When it comes to realising goals, you demonstrate a high level of energy and continuously strive for excellence and simplicity. You have a natural interest in people and enjoy collaborating with your colleagues and stakeholders while working in a multinational, forward looking organization.
What’s more, we are looking to find in you a combination of the following skills, capabilities and motivation:
- An academic degree (LLM) in law with 6+ years relevant work experience as a lawyer at an international law firm or legal department in a multinational company.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience with litigation and advising in all areas of intellectual property as trademarks; trade names, copyright, design rights, trade secrets, and a working knowledge of patents.
- Enthusiasm for and solid experience and skills in negotiation and drafting of IP-related agreements, including: IP assignments, IP license agreements, development agreements, franchise agreements, NDAs, release agreements, “IP-heavy” service agreements, and IP and confidentiality related provisions in employment, freelance and management agreements.
- A holistic understanding of the importance and role of IP across a franchise network, both vis-à-vis third parties and internally.
- Great analytical skills and a good issue spotter to identify and flag potential legal issues generally.
- The ability to work independently, but also with a great enthusiasm for working as part of a team, responsive to business needs.
- An enthusiastic and engaging personality with a can-do mentality.
- Business focused and solution oriented.
- Confidence to deal with difficult situations and a high level of integrity.
- Strong communication skills to present pragmatic client advice in a clear and readily understandable way and act as a knowledgeable and pragmatic sparring partner to relevant stakeholders.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
A few more details for you
You will report to the Legal Counsel Manager IP. This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, the Netherlands.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.