Product Engineer - Free Rang(SH_Carbon Steel)
Responsible to identify technical requirements and keep it updated in the product documentation. Secure product performance and compliance according to identified requirements.
- Responsible to secure the complete product documentation (SIR) during the product life cycle
- Responsible for the development of packaging solution for the product offer, based on input from Retail and packaging concept.
- Responsible to identify and provide valid technical requirements to product development projects
- Responsible to secure compliance to each market
- Responsible to lead gate check: product risk assessment and final reconciliation
- Responsible to communicate technical requirements to necessary partners in the product development phase (e.g. IOS, ICOMP, Category, IKEA Industry, suppliers)
- Responsible to plan and lead continuous improvements to reduce COPQ and increase customer happiness
- Responsible to identify, involve, plan and lead needed resources for the product improvement
- Capture and communicate learnings about technical requirements in BA and Matrix dimension
Responsible to develop products from sustainability aspects together with team members.
- University degree in engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- IKEA concept, strategies and IKEA processes
- IKEA diamond and Democratic design
- Supply Chain knowledge for own Product Area (Cost Drivers, Handling of Goods, Raw material)
- Product Area knowledge (Product requirements, Market, Customer)
- IT tools (PiA, PLUS, CASY, Qlickview, etc)
- Skillful in Solid works.
- Good communication abilities: Argumentation, Negotiation, Presentation
- Analytical skills with ability to transfer knowledge and data into needs and actions.
- Ability to handle large quantaties of information and work with several product types and areas in parallell
- Strong ability to work in teams and make things happen through involving and enganging people
- Good knowledge in carbon steel (materials and production), preferable to have other material knowledge.